Store Subscribition Refund

amirb
1 0 0

Hi guys I recently (acutally yesterday) noticed Shopify take $29 from my credit card for a trial store I had started. After noticing the fee, I immediately closed the store (yesterday) but I was wondering if I can get a refund of the $29 because I need that money for something else.

Just to clarify I had started the store as a trial but kinda forgot about it but Shopify took $29 without notifying me at all. I got charged yesterday and I closed the store the same day. Can I get a refund?

0 Likes
Ted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1200 111 126

Hi @amirb,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us!

Great question! Shopify's admin would outline your first invoice date before confirming a plan, which is why you weren't notified of the charge as this was already agreed upon when you confirmed/signed up for a paid subscription. Here is an example of how that would look. While I can't guarantee a refund, since you have already closed the store I can certainly take a closer look. I'll send you a private email to help authenticate the account first shortly. 

Please keep an eye out for my email and if there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes