Solved

This store can’t accept payments right now.

clickermind
Visitor
1 0 0

"This store can’t accept payments right now." - this message I am getting during the final payment on my store. Will you please explain why this has been happening? And how it can be resolved, I need to do this as soon as possible. Because I have done all the setup for my new online Drop Shipping Shopify except this payment issue. I am not able to resolve it on my own, I need your support

Accepted Solution (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @clickermind

Sorry to hear you're having trouble adding your new payment type. If the system is declining your card, then it could be for a number of reasons such as insufficient funds, unsupported card type, or a "do not honour" error code." You'll want to ensure the payment type you've added is a full credit card, issued by a bank, with a line of credit, or Paypal (if based outside of the United States). Debit cards with credit card capabilities or prepaid credit cards are not supported. 

If you've tried to process the charge too many times, then there will be a lock on your IP which will be removed within 24 hours. Any attempts to process the purchase again during the 24 hours will restart the 24-hour timer. Once the 24 hours has passed, I would recommend using a different payment method or contacting your bank to discuss why the card is declining. 

We may also be able to see the error code the bank is sending us to help determine why your payment is being declined. For this, we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 13 (13)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @clickermind

Sorry to hear you're having trouble adding your new payment type. If the system is declining your card, then it could be for a number of reasons such as insufficient funds, unsupported card type, or a "do not honour" error code." You'll want to ensure the payment type you've added is a full credit card, issued by a bank, with a line of credit, or Paypal (if based outside of the United States). Debit cards with credit card capabilities or prepaid credit cards are not supported. 

If you've tried to process the charge too many times, then there will be a lock on your IP which will be removed within 24 hours. Any attempts to process the purchase again during the 24 hours will restart the 24-hour timer. Once the 24 hours has passed, I would recommend using a different payment method or contacting your bank to discuss why the card is declining. 

We may also be able to see the error code the bank is sending us to help determine why your payment is being declined. For this, we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

ellerretdesigns
Visitor
2 0 0

I Just launch my store yesterday. when I tried to attempt make the payment on the  Payment page. It stated that my store can't accept payment? I  got a notification that my identity needed to be identified. I uploaded my drivers license. How long will it take before I can allow payment on my store again? 

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

@ellerretdesigns 

If you're using Shopify Payments, then your documents will be reviewed within 1-3 business days. If there are no issues, then our teams will remove the hold; however, if further verification is required then our teams will reach out to you. In the meantime, you can also consider enabling a secondary payment provider in Settings/Payment Provider to accept payments in your store. 

PROB
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello 

I am testing out my shop and when I go to check out I am getting the following messaging: This store isn't taking orders right now.

I recently changed the bank account the funds will be deposited; would that cause this issue or is there something I need to 'switch on'

Thanks, 

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

@PROB 

Likely connected to your subscription. If you're on trial or the pause plan, then the checkout will be disabled. To enable the checkout process you will want to go to Settings/Billing to select a paid plan. Once you have then you should be able to place an order. I'd recommend following our guide on how to place test orders here. 

domore
Visitor
1 0 3

Hello there,

I recently set up my shop and just decided to try to buy something after setting up my shopify payments method. i keep getting "This store can’t accept payments right now." at the last stage of the checkout process.

Please i need this sorted out asap becuase my ads show alot of people have visited my shop and left probably becuase they couldnt pay.

Plese helpScreenshot 2022-10-24 115734.png

Rudraksh
Visitor
1 0 0

same problem

Didier043
Visitor
3 0 0

I got the same problem, did you solve it by now?

EricD1
Visitor
1 0 1

I asked support and they helped me fix it. He told me that my business credentials weren't fully verified yet. So I uploaded my drivers license and then it worked.

8thdaystore
Visitor
2 0 0

How were you able to find where to upload verification?

Csmith123_
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same problem it’s got my money on hold and it’s got this when people try to check out my store is only 7 days old. I’ve made sales and now can’t make anymore due to payment account on hold it’s so unfair I’ve contacted support team and they keep saying wait for a email. I just want my money wish I never started this 

LouiseTice
Visitor
1 0 0

I've just started advertising my store but it says:   Your Shopify Payments account is on hold

Your store can’t accept new orders with Shopify Payments.     After this it also says:    The Shopify Payments account for this store is under review

For security and privacy reasons, you need to contact the Shopify account owner for more information about this review process.     I dont understand what to do? Also I'm not quite sure how to upload my drivers licence to my account, please can somebody help me?

Lumirze
Tourist
3 0 5

This is 2023, I do not know if shopify has stopped their live chat access, When i try to connect to someone (agent) says internal error server, I sent an email this is what i got below italics, get help from support team but no access to them.      Please i need to speak to someone let me know what exactly i need to do, My customers can not make payment, and it is affecting sales, I attached the error message i got on the checkout page, I need an answer ASAP

Thanks for contacting Shopify Support!

A support ticket has not been created.

We are changing how we best support you. As part of these changes, support@shopify.com no longer accepts incoming messages, this includes when you reply to a support ticket after it has been closed.

Our Help Center is the best source on everything Shopify and the fastest way to get help from our Support Team. There you can continue your conversation by opening a new ticket in a number of channels.

We’ve been working hard to improve how you get help from Shopify Support. By contacting us via the Shopify Help Center, you have access to suggested resources as well as a number of time-saving steps like pre-authentication that will allow us to tailor your support experience.

Trouble logging in or authenticating for your store
Please first try resetting your password. Follow this step by step guide or get help from our Support Team.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Shopify Support