Unable to switch back to original bank account on Shopify Balance. Any solutions?

RainbowMermaid
Tourist
10 0 1

A little over a week ago I decided to try Shopify Balance because the payouts were supposedly faster.  When I saw my payouts were pending for just as long as with my regular bank, I decided to switch back.  When I tried to input my banking info I got error messages telling me that my old account number didn't match.  I'm not sure how that is possible when I copied and pasted the info in from the Shopify balance page.  I've been contacting support for almost a week now with no resolution.  I've used Shopify for almost 7 years with no issues and support has always been great.  Now you can't call anyone and the agents on live chat just "escalate" the ticket and nothing happens.  Has anyone ever had this issue and had it resolved?  I have my money on hold and am afraid to drive any traffic to my store if my money is being held up. 

Replies 2 (2)

enochdm
Visitor
2 0 1

Same issue for me. Been 3 weeks, contacted 3 support tickets with no avail.

RainbowMermaid
Tourist
10 0 1
This is INSANE! They’ve just now contacted me for verification. We will see if it goes anywhere.