When can we expect dimensional shipping?

CrapaudVelo
Tourist
3 0 3

When can we expect dimensional shipping? We should not have to pay for a 3rd party app

We should be able to create different packages and link them to products and variants which will then be used to calculate accurate shipping rates. 

As clearly, the community has been asking for it. 

Replies 3 (3)

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1548 187 276

Hi there, @CrapaudVelo. Thanks for taking the time to reaching out to the Shopify Community with your post. I hope you're doing well today. 

The desire for dimensional shipping has been something raised with us many times in the past, and we absolutely understand how having this feature being built into Shopify Platform directly would be helpful for many merchants on our platform. 

Although I'm unable to comment on a timeline for when such a feature would be released, I can absolutely let you know that all the feedback we receive about this is sent directly to our Product Team for their consideration. The most reports we receive regarding the desire for this feature, the more its stressed to the team how something like this would be important. 

I'm happy to make the team aware of thread, and let them know about the continued desire for this functionality. I'll mention again that I can't comment on any timelines for such a thing, but you're more than welcome to keep an eye on our Shopify Changelog for any updates regarding our products and new features.

Thanks again for taking the time to post here in the Community. If you have any questions or additional feedback for us, feel free to share it here and let us know. 

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Eric_Shea
Tourist
7 0 1

+1,000,000,000 we need this service badly.  We're losing customers and money by not being able to provide accurate shipping quotes.  Customers are livid when they learn they have to pay an additional $100.00 to ship a large item.  Dimensional rates are a requirement not a fancy feature.

DavidNZSSI
Pathfinder
108 6 13

Hey CrapaudVelo, I know this is well after the fact, but did you ever find a solution to this? I've spoken to others (typically retail businesses) and they've had to rely on third-party solutions. Just curious about what approach you took!

Your local shipping consultant @ Starshipit