Where do Amazon Pay payouts from past orders go?

K9Caricatures
Tourist
4 0 3

This is a long story…. Bear with me. I have had an issue with payouts from orders paid via Amazon Pay. Prior to yesterday, Amazon Pay was not an accepted digital wallet payment type in my store. However, yesterday morning, a customer was able to checkout using Amazon Pay.

I noticed that the order didn’t have the typical “ $xxx will be add to your December xx payout” note. I have since found nearly 40 other orders dating back to 2020 that have the same issue (totaling over $4k).

I chatted with an advisor yesterday who instructed me to “turn on” Amazon Pay in my “accepted digital wallet payment types”. I did so. I was told that NOW any subsequent orders collecting Amazon Pay will be paid out to my Shopify payout balance account. But… and here’s the big BUT…

But, I was told that all previous orders would’ve paid out to my Amazon Pay account. I have an Amazon Seller’s account but not an Amazon Pay account. I have since confirmed this with Amazon. So the question is this… where did all of those payments go?

LaFree-ism: The theory, practice, principle and belief that one can attain awesomeness simply by attempting awesomeness
Replies 3 (3)

Wezmer
Visitor
1 0 1

Im Having This Same Issue...Were You Able To Resolve This By Chance...Doing Some Research On This Now...Thanks

K9Caricatures
Tourist
4 0 3

Man, I wish I could say it’s resolved. But I’m not there yet. I dont know how closely you’re situation mirrors mine, but here’s where I’m at:

Shopify has stopped being helpful in the matter. So, I decided to create a new Amazon Pay account… just so I could talk to someone about my issue (I’ve actually been able to talk to someone on the phone a few times!). I have sent them screenshots of the order notes with relevant payment IDs, merchant IDs, timestamps, etc…

Nearly 4 weeks into this, they finally seem to be understanding the problem. A week and a half ago, they contacted me with a possibility that one of the email addresses (that I provided to them) might be for the Amazon Pay account and that I should try logging in with that. And, after confirming with a failed log in attempt, I told them that their own website cannot find an account associated with that email. So, in essence, Amazon support thinks there is an Amazon Pay account… associated with one of my email addresses as a user name… available for me to just log in and collect my payout money. But the Amazon Pay website disagrees.

So, now there is an “internal team” assessing why that is. But I’m stuck in a holding patter while this “team” works on it.

LaFree-ism: The theory, practice, principle and belief that one can attain awesomeness simply by attempting awesomeness
K9Caricatures
Tourist
4 0 3

Any luck with the Amazon Pay issue?