Why are my ecommerce payouts failing even with correct bank information?

canadiangirl168
Tourist
4 0 2

I have several payouts that failed in January, and was told to 'update my bank information'.  All payouts subsequent to the failed ones paid fine with the same bank information though.  Regardless, I input the same bank account and it was accepted.

Upon further investigation I noticed that there's a failed Payout since September 2022!!  All payouts subsequent to that were paid...

What's even worse is that when I filter by failed payouts, only the September one shows.  The ones in January don't even show up.

Followed up with Shopify Help a few times but they're quite useless and they just tell me, "We're looking into it"  and can't connect me to anyone who can help me when I request.  They can't even provide a timeline on when they can give me back my money they're holding.  

Anyone have insights into this?  This is absolutely ridiculous and pretty sure it's illegal that they're holding my money hostage this way without even attempt to give me a timeframe on when they can give it back.  

Replies 8 (8)

kolsson
Tourist
4 0 4

I am having the same issue- I had a payout from 1/31 that failed, although prior and subsequent payouts have deposited just fine. It is not an error on my part or the part of my bank. I reached out to Shopify support and was told that there was an error processing Shop Pay Installment payouts from 1/28-1/31. They assured me it was fixed I would receive my payout within 24 hours. It clearly was not, as I didn't receive my payout, and I cannot get a straight answer from anyone on when these funds will be available. This is completely ridiculous that they're holding on to our money because of their error, and won't even give us a timeline of when we can expect our to receive our payout. As small businesses we are struggling financially, and need our funds- especially since these items have already been delivered- and I'm just so disappointed in Shopify for failing to rectify this issue in a timely manner. 

ASUCrystal
Excursionist
13 0 19

Unfortunately, you're not alone – we also have 2 failed January payouts from Shop Pay Installments 😔 So disappointed because I thought this would have been resolved by now since we've received multiple successful payouts.

Vanessaharris
Visitor
1 0 1

I’m having the same issues 😞 I’ve received many  payouts and never had an issue ever but my most recent payout failed and after calling and checking with my bank (all clear on their end) the payout retry also failed. It is very frustrating to not be able to have the money we earned :((( hopefully this gets sorted soon as this is many of our livelihoods and affects us a lot. 

Greta
Shopify Staff
1105 118 141

Hi, everyone!

Thank you for this post and sharing your updates. I understand how frustrating it is to have these payouts delayed. There was a delay from our processing partners on some Shop Pay Installments payouts between Janaury 27 and January 31. Rest assured these payouts are on the way, and will appear in your bank account soon (after your bank's normal processing time). 

If you are missing a payout outside of the dates above, please get in touch with us through the Help Center so we can investigate further. 

Thank you again!

Greta | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

geauxmagnolia
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm still waiting on my payout. I have been told several times that the Payment Partner made the deposit but it is not in my account. I'm very frustrated. 

Greta
Shopify Staff
1105 118 141

Hi, @geauxmagnolia

I'm sorry to hear you're still having an issue with this payout. The majority of payouts from that were delayed from January 27th to January 31st have been successfully deposited. However some Shop Pay Installments payouts from January 27th are still delayed, and this is being investigated by our developers. I recommend getting in touch with us through the Help Center so we can look into this further for you. 

Thank you for sharing. 

Greta | Shopify 

canadiangirl168
Tourist
4 0 2

I reach out almost every other day now to Help Center.  I always get the response "We'll look into it and get back to you in 24 hours".  There was a help center support staff who told me I'd get the pay out by March 1.  It's now March 8 and all my follow ups get a response of "We'll look into it".  I'd just like the money I'm owed.  It should not be this hard to follow up and get our own hard earned money back.

Greta
Shopify Staff
1105 118 141

Hello, @canadiangirl168.

Thank you for sharing this and I apologize for the negative experience. I understand that it is frustrating to have to constantly get in touch with us for information. To share some context, these issues are typically investigated by our escalated support teams, and there may be a delay while they investigate. I recommend responding to any of the support ticket emails you've received after getting in touch with us to ask for an update and more information.

Thank you again for sharing this with me. 

Greta | Shopify