Why can't I place orders in my online store?

czhixsy
Visitor
3 0 0

I tested my store and i can not order anything some one help? 

Replies 5 (5)

Mac
Shopify Staff
1652 167 262

Hi, @czhixsy!
Thanks for reaching out in our Community Forums and for sharing your concern, I’d be happy to help.

Congratulations on starting your store! I understand that you are having issues when trying to place a test order. This can be caused by several factors like your payment gateway or shipping settings. To get started, The General Checklist is a great tool that will ensure that you have your Shopify store all set up and ready for customers to make purchases on. Please focus your attention on the "Test your online store" section as you will be able to see the steps to focus on when troubleshooting this. The rest of the document will ensure that you have a finished product, that includes having your media, shipping and checkout in working order.

If you are still having issues, feel free to share some more context as to what error message you are receiving when attempting to place an order. From there, I will be able to point you in the right direction. 

Talk soon!

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

czhixsy
Visitor
3 0 0

It still says "This store isnt taking orders" Bruh.. 

Mac
Shopify Staff
1652 167 262

Hi again, @czhixsy!

Thanks for your reply.

The most common issue here could be that you haven't selected a plan yet as this is required to activate your checkout. Feel free to learn more about each plan by reviewing our guide here. Once you decide which plan to select, head over to Settings > Plan to choose a subscription. 

You will also want to ensure that you have activated a payment gateway as this is essential to collect payments from your customers. When a customer checks out, they can choose to pay for their order using any of the methods that you've enabled in the Payment providers area of your Shopify admin.

I'd be happy to continue our conversation directly on this thread! If you have any general questions, feel free to share more information by replying to this thread. If you're looking for more in depth account specific support, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through the available contact methods in our Help Center. Once you're there, log in to your account, select a topic, and scroll down to the bottom of the page to select a contact option.

czhixsy
Visitor
3 0 0

Theres no point paying for plan if i cant Succes  i to that its better if u add that in 4 day trial thing why would i play if i cant Succes in that... 

Mac
Shopify Staff
1652 167 262

Hi again, @czhixsy!

Thanks for sharing your additional concern.

I definitely understand that you would prefer for the checkout feature to be enabled right away. Unfortunately this is not the case at the moment but I'll be happy to share your feedback with the appropriate team.

If you are looking for an alternative, you can take advantage of our ongoing offer of 3 months of Shopify for $1/month on select plans. You can view this offer at the top of the pricing page here.

You may also be interested in the Starter plan as it offers a lower monthly fee. This plan  is ideal for selling products through social media, email, SMS, WhatsApp, and anywhere else you might want to share a link to a product. Feel free to learn more here.

Kindly reply back to this thread with any questions or updates and we can continue our conversation further!