Why does my card get declined during a test purchase on my new website?

Kennie_
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello. I am new to the Shopify community and I was trying to do a test buy to make sure I will be doing things properly. I put in my card information and when I try to buy It says "your card was declined please try a different payment method". I tried my Woodforest master card and both has enough money on there. Anyone know the solution to the case here? I want people to be able to freely click on my website and purchase without having any problems purchasing items.. 

https://b66e00.myshopify.com/

Replies 2 (2)

mmusa
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi, 

You should verify if your store is still in test mode - if it's not, make sure your antifraud settings are set the way you want. You can find that under settings > payments > manage.Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 3.11.56 PM.png

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 259

Hi, @Kennie_.

You can check your abandoned checkouts for your order attempt to see if there's an error message that will explain the payment issue further. To do this, you can follow the instructions below:

1. On your Shopify admin, go to Orders > Abandoned checkouts
  2. Select your order, then scroll down to the order's History section and click on the line items to expand more information
  3. Check for an error code in regards to the failed payment attempt

If you've located an error code but aren't sure of what it means, you can reach out to our internal support team who can help clarify and investigate this for you. We aren't able to do this or access your account via the Community Forums, due to security reasons. So for us to provide further assistance, please contact our live support team via the Help Center here.

If you're currently testing your store's checkout and payment gateway, feel free to go through the documents below to help you place a test order on your store:

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog