Why does my payment page continue to show an error after testing?

Nothando_n
Visitor
1 0 0

After testing the payment process using the bogus gateway I cannot get rid of this error from my store, I was testing the 3rd simulation.

There was an issue processing your payment. Try again or use a different payment method.

https://curlsemporium.co.za/checkouts/c/5e0ed70c2ba539810e01a77ad2425f67/payment

Reply 1 (1)

Erin
Shopify Staff
984 130 157

Hi, @Nothando_n. I can definitely take a look into this with you!

It sounds like you are testing your online checkout using the Bogus Gateway to simulate different transactions. If you're using the third simulation option, this is the simulation that will display a message indicating an error has occurred with the provider. This means that the error message you're seeing is expected behaviour for the transaction you're testing. If you'd like to test a succesful transaction instead, you can do that as well, using "1" as the credit card number. The different transactions you can simulate and how to do it is explained further on this page.

To clarify, are you still using the Bogus Gateway to test transactions on your payment page? Or are you seeing this error message when customers are trying to checkout with real orders? Once I have more information on what's happening on your end, I'd be happy to review this some more.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime!

Erin | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog