Why is Afterpay rejecting my application for checkout integration?

emaboz
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi,

I applied to add afterpay to my website but unfortunately didn’t get accepted. They stated: “Unfortunately, after our compliance checks we've determined we can't offer our services to you at this time.”

I opened up my shopify store about 2 months ago and it has been doing great but wanted to do afterpay again since I did it for my previous website with another provider and noticed a lot of people using it. Is there a reason for afterpay to reject my application? As I added the adequate information to the request so I’m just confused if this is not for newish stores. 

Reply 1 (1)

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1544 187 275

Hey there, @emaboz. Thanks for taking the time to reach out to the Shopify Community with your AfterPay situation.

With AfterPay being a third party payment gateway, I'm afraid that we won't be able to offer much in terms of insight into why they may have rejected your application. My best recommendation here would be for you to follow up with AfterPay directly regarding your application so you can get more info regarding their decision. They may have some documentation available for you to review that may offer insights into their decision making process.

We do offer an in-house solution that is similar to AfterPay called Shop Pay Installments. Have you done any research into this payment method? If you're using a United States billing and shipping address, and already use Shop Pay in your store, this could be a good alternative to consider! 

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog