Why is my Shopify payout delayed?

Why is my Shopify payout delayed?

MarcusNuts
4 0 0

Hi there, I usually have my shopify payments come into my account within a few days of receiving the online order, but it has been a week and there are still payments that are yet to be paid to my bank account. Paypal orders have been fine, but credit card orders which go into the shopify account are still sitting in the payments pending, and it's been over a week (29th April for some orders and it's now May 9th). Is there an issue with payments currently?

Replies 7 (7)

PMike
Shopify Partner
134 12 21

It's possible that there could be an issue with Shopify Payments or with your bank that is causing the delay in payment processing. I would recommend reaching out to Shopify support directly to inquire about the status of your payments and to see if there are any issues on their end that could be causing the delay. They should be able to investigate the issue and provide you with more information on why the payments have not been processed yet.

Fordeer Invoice Order Printer - The great tool for the best business!
https://link.fordeer.io/YZL4Ge
MarcusNuts
4 0 0

Thanks for the advice. Will reach out to them.

Maz
Shopify Staff
1245 131 186

Hi, @MarcusNuts!

I can understand how not receiving your payouts on time can be disruptive to cash flow.

At the moment there are no known issues with payouts. While I am unable to look into your account from here, there may be a number of reasons that were delayed. 

As you're using Shopify Payments, then you can check your pay period to see when you receive payouts from credit card orders. The duration between when a customer's payment is captured and when your payout is sent to your bank account varies depending on the country where your store is located. You can refer to the pay period of the supported country where your store is based here for more information. If you have set up a payment schedule, your pay period will be adjusted according to the schedule you have set, so it is always a good idea to check that.

Transactions marked as Pending are for sales that you've made, but that haven't been sent to your bank account yet. Do you see an intended Payout date next to it? If so, what date does it state?

Did you recently receive any chargebacks or refunds? If an account has a negative balance due to refunds or chargebacks, a new payout will not be initiated until the negative balance is fully covered by future payouts. Any other additional information you can provide would be helpful!

I'd love hear more about current marketing strategies, and how you are using them to drive more traffic to your website? You might find this blog; What Is a Marketing Plan? Definition, Templates and Tips (2023) useful for setting up a marketing plan if you haven't already!

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

MarcusNuts
4 0 0

Thanks Maz, I have been in touch with them via the chat feature, and they have supposedly fixed the issue, but I still haven't had the payments come through. I was scheduled to have payments on May 3rd, May 9th and May 10th, but none of them have come through. PayPal payments have been fine, but credit card payments are still all pending from orders from April 29th. Will see what the update is tomorrow from them.

Maz
Shopify Staff
1245 131 186

Hey, @MarcusNuts!

Just checking in to see if you have received an update from our support team on your issue with your payouts yet?

MarcusNuts
4 0 0

Hi Maz, yes finally received payment today for all outstanding payments. Hopefully it's back to normal for my current orders coming in. Thanks for following up.

Maz
Shopify Staff
1245 131 186

Hello, @MarcusNuts!

Thanks for getting back to me and for letting me know it has now been resolved. I am glad to hear that, and it was my pleasure to check in with you!

Thank you for choosing Shopify, and we're here to support you every step of the way if you have any other questions!