Join us for an upcoming Shopify Partner webinar on February 27, 2024. Discover the latest Checkout Extensibility features, and deep dive on improvements to Shopify Functions and Web Pixels. Register now for either the 10am EST or 2pm EST sessions.

Unable to re-order products from Rest API in a manually sorted smart collection

0xLemah
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi,

I am using the REST API to try and re-order products in a manually sorted smart collection.
I am following the documentation here: https://shopify.dev/api/admin-rest/2021-10/resources/smartcollection

The request gives a HTTP status 200 response and the products are successfully re-ordered in the Admin panel but not on the website.
I have confirmed that manually re-ordering the products in the Admin panel does reflect on the website.
I know this is not related to a caching issue either.

It seems like a bug in the API itself. Every other function from the API works as expected but not this one.

I found someone else reporting the exact same issue here: https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-apis-and-sdks/smart-collection-rest-order-endpoint-updates-t...

The issue is still unanswered a year later. Has anyone successfully reordered products from a manually sorted smart collection using the REST API?

Replies 5 (5)

GrahamS
Shopify Staff (Retired)
193 36 53

Hello @0xLemah ,

I brought this one to the attention of our developer team, who confirmed that this isn't the expected outcome. We're working on a fix for this which should be available soon.

Best,

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Mete
Shopify Partner
132 0 35

@GrahamS wrote:

Hello @0xLemah ,

I brought this one to the attention of our developer team, who confirmed that this isn't the expected outcome. We're working on a fix for this which should be available soon.

Best,

Hey @GrahamS any update so far?

Co-Founder / Developer at: merchbees
Merchbees Low Stock Alert - Keep track of your low stock items by email and slack
Merchbees Inventory Value - Know your inventory value and quantity in real-time
Push Down & Hide Out of Stock - Move out of stock products to the bottom of the collection to improve SEO & hide/ unhide automatically
andrewbillits
Visitor
1 0 0

Any update on this?

BugShallNotPass
Shopify Partner
32 1 8

It looks like the issue is still there 😞

Xmas Shopify app - beautiful falling snow animation
New Arrivals Shopify app - automatically tag/untag products based on creation/publishing date
Motion - scrolling text announcements
Best Sellers Shopify app - and automate bestseller collections based on quantities or sales
Stash Shopify app - hide products from search results and search engines

faredrop
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

This is still an issue in the 2023-07 API... 😞