Can employees create personal login for limited access on Shopify app?

HillcoOntheBloc
Visitor
1 0 0

Is it possible for individual employees to be able to create their own email and password to login into Shopify (blue app) on their phones with limited access.  Would like for employees who have app downloaded on their phone to receive orders online to fulfill, search customer/sales receipts, however not be able to see financials, more sensitive information.  

Reply 1 (1)

Mac
Shopify Staff
1653 167 262

Hi, @HillcoOntheBloc!
Thanks for reaching out in our Community Forums and for sharing your concern, I’d be happy to help.

Great question! You can utilize Shopify's staff and permissions feature to allow your staff members to login to the Shopify POS App with limited permissions to your store. Feel free to review our thorough guide on how to add and manage your staff members. Following that, you will need to assign specific permissions to your POS staff so that they will be able to log in to Shopify POS using their login credentials. You can learn more about that here

There's also an option to set POS staff members only. This means that the staff will have access to the Shopify POS app, but don't have access to your Shopify admin.

Once you're able to resolve your staff accounts situation, I'd love to chat with you more about your business! I see you're a new community member and it sounds like you may still be in the process of setting up your store. If you're interested, we have some great resources to help you get started. What stage are you at in setting up your store? Please feel free to let me know here if you need any further assistance.

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog