SHSServices
5 0 0

Is there a way to add check num from POS

Replies 5 (5)

Greta
Shopify Staff
1169 122 148

Hi, @SHSServices!

Thank you for your post. Are you looking for a way to check the phone number on a POS order? I recommend checking over these two resources about POS customers and how to view/edit their profiles:

Please let me know if you are looking to do something else and need more information. I'd be happy to help!

Greta | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Cpointpond
Excursionist
18 0 24

Hi, I was thinking she meant a payment check received by a customer at the brick and mortar store.  I have added a check as a payment option to my store, but not seeing where I can list the check number so that it will nicely flow to QB for reconcillation.  Is there for adding the check number to the sale?  I am also understanding that checks may not go over to QB desktop and need to be manually added?

Thanks for your reply in advance.

Greta
Shopify Staff
1169 122 148

Hi, @Cpointpond!

Thanks for reaching out with your question. I did some digging and it looks like there isn't currently a way to include the number when accepting a check through Shopify POS. I will definitely be submitting your feedback to our developers as I can see how a feature like this would be helpful! I can't guarantee a change to the feature will be made, but if it is, an update will be posted to the Shopify Changelog.

In the meantime, I wanted to share this help document with steps to create a custom payment method within Shopify POS, in case you haven't already done that. The current custom payment option does not allow for customization, but it used for tracking purposes. This is what it would look like when accepting a payment:

You can also add an order note which could be used to write down the check number! 

Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Greta | Shopify 

Cpointpond
Excursionist
18 0 24

I am understanding these custom payment methods ie check will not flow into Quickbooks.  Is this true?  On the POS side, we still do take checks and to manually enter them in 2024 seems crazy.  I prefer not to have them count as cash because ideally, checks would show up as checks within QB for easy reconcillation.  Would love to see them flow into QB and have a spot to match up check number since a lot of the checks we receive are for the same amount.

Greta
Shopify Staff
1169 122 148

Hey, @Cpointpond!

Thanks for your patience while I looked into this for you. I spoke with our retail team and they let me know that custom payment method orders should show in the QuickBooks Desktop Financial Accounting Software if you are using the QuickBook Desktop Connector app. If you're using another app to integrate, you could check in with the app developers for more information on what should be appearing. 

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with! 

Greta | Shopify