How can I enable POS-only discounts for in-store events?

petgrocer
Trailblazer
246 2 376

Enable discounts on POS only, for in store events, that are not set up online.  We often have in store specials or sales that encourage local shoppers to come in. Having a way to set up automatic discounts would, yet again, improve the pos and checkout experience for our staff and our clients.

Feature request part 2: stop forcing us to use your pre-fab labels - keyword labels: discounts, discount on pos, automatic discounts, automatic discounts on pos, discounts in store, retail discounts

Replies 16 (16)

NGBSaintPete
Shopify Partner
1 0 10

Really need discount on POS only. And we should have a list of them available that sales staff can choose from.

I transitioned from Clover (which I absolutely hated), but the one great thing they had was a list of discounts that I could make (as the store owner), and the staff could select from. It made it great for my reporting. Now, I have to have staff manually enter discounts, and they make mistakes sometimes by doing it manually. And I can't report discounts used.

Give us this, so that I can't say Clover is better in any way!

threadfare
Tourist
9 0 9

Any updates on this @Shopify ??? POS needs to be able to run autonomous discounts from online...not sure why this hasn't been developed yet?

StoneI
Shopify Partner
2 0 5

Yes this feature is needed!!!  Shopify are you listening?

petgrocer
Trailblazer
246 2 376

Here it is, nearly a year later and it's Black Friday weekend coming up. Manufacturers and vendors are offering in store only deals for us to pass on. It's going to be busy and we are being forced into doing manual discount and typing it up (time consuming and prone to human error) at the cash register. Shopify, a real POS system has the ability to add discounts for in store events. Not a third party app that requires us to pay extra fees and has the potential to wreck our store. Please update your POS to be a fully functioning POS. Thanks.

marshallfletch1
Visitor
2 0 6

Please o shopify gods, hear our cries, show us your mercy and benevolence...

BassFishinElect
Tourist
4 0 5

Shopify continues to offer low level service to their customers. This is a very basic function that is a major pain point for business owners that have a store and online presence. We are going to trade show that is extremely busy and this is going to be a major inconvenience to manually discount every item. We need discounts for the trade show only and not online. When is this going to be addressed???

PriscillaJ
Visitor
2 0 3

Any updates on this request @Shopify ?? We all could really use this, we need to be able to run some promos and I don't want the customer being able to use it online without redeeming their coupon (and then being able to just use the code over and over)

marshallfletch1
Visitor
2 0 6

1000 people: hey Shopify can we get a POS only discount option?

Shopify: did somebody say “text in the search bar that never goes away!?” 😁🎩

petgrocer
Trailblazer
246 2 376

It's enough to make wonder - do devs do this to mess with us on purpose? Is there an evil genius laughing himself to sleep each night at the new barriers they put in place to making this harder and harder to use? I understand them not being any good at POS and have long ago accepted that, but this new 'all:in" text that doesn't enable you to even put in text in the search bar (that is STILL hidden behind a click) is outrageous. Typical Shopify!

StoneI
Shopify Partner
2 0 5

Hey SHOPIFY....  Please listen!! So basic, so important! Is Shopify POS just to get off the ground or is it going to allow companies to scale? Please have this addressed. 

petgrocer
Trailblazer
246 2 376

Bumping this again. Such a basic function, code already exists and could be easily set up. Adding functionality to the POS could be taken much more seriously by Shopify. Hoping for someone at this company who genuinely cares to see this and start helping the POS system be much more than it currently is.

1 0 1

Been checking up on this thread the past few months in hopes that they actually do something about it @Shopify 

Talktohenryj
Shopify Partner
106 0 18

Am I missing something. Isn't this it?

Talktohenryj_0-1714057651589.png

threadfare
Tourist
9 0 9

This feature will set up a product discount on your website and you can then select if you would like it to also apply to those channels. We are asking for a way to set up a discount that online shoppers CANNOT use via the website but is available to in-store shoppers thru the Point of Sale channel only.

Talktohenryj
Shopify Partner
106 0 18

Ok, this makes perfect sense. I’m going to build this. Want to be a beta tester?

stephanyvaldi
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi if you ever do a beta version please let me know, I am looking for a barcode discount that can be scanned only at POS in store.