Issue with how order printer app displays outstanding amount after refund

Jackson_McLean
Excursionist
17 0 8

I've run into another issue related to refunds (see https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/shopify-point-of-sale/t/issue-with-partial-refunds-and-partial-payme...)

This time it has to do with how the native "Order Printer" app displays the "Outstanding Amount" at the bottom of the invoices. For some reason, when a refund is issued on an order, that amount is added to the outstanding amount, which makes no sense. I created a test order to demonstrate this, where I sold $1.00 worth of candy, then refunded $0.75 of it. When I create an invoice for this with the Order Printer app, it shows an outstanding amount of $0.75, which is incorrect. It should have an outstanding amount of $0.00. Here's a photo of the invoice: http://imgur.com/xikGV17

I hope this is fixed soon as I have to send out a large number of invoices to customers who have been issued refunds and I need the correct outstanding amount to display for them so they know how much to pay. I have been in contact with support about it but haven't been given an ETA on the fix.

Has anyone else run into this problem and if so what did you do about it?

Thanks,
Jackson

0 Likes

Hey Jackson,

That is possible for you to fix in the template code of your Invoice. Click the "edit" link next to your template in the Shopify Order Printer app, and then scroll all the way to the bottom of the code shown. Towards the bottom you'll see this:

<tr>
      <td><strong>Outstanding Amount:</strong></td>
      <td><strong>{{ total_price | minus: total_paid | money }}</strong></td>
    </tr>

Replace that, with the below instead:

{% assign total_refunds =  0.0 %}
    {% for transaction in transactions %}
        {% if transaction.kind == "refund" and transaction.status == "success" %}
            {% assign total_refunds = total_refunds | plus: transaction.amount %}
        {% endif %}
    {% endfor %}
    <tr>
      <td><strong>Outstanding Amount:</strong></td>
      <td><strong>{{ total_price | minus: total_paid | minus: total_refunds | money }}</strong></td>
    </tr>

What we are doing, is adding up all of the refunds for the order, and then deducting the total amount of refunds from the total outstanding :)

Hope it helps.

Shameless plug: If you want something a bit more customizable and branded to send to your customers, checkout my Order Printer Templates app. It'll help you design and customize your Invoice (and other templates) for the Order Printer app, for a one time fee: https://apps.shopify.com/order-printer-templates

Let me know if any follow up questions on your issue comes up.

Regards,
Bjorn

Bjorn Forsberg | FORSBERG+two | Award-winning Shopify Apps since 2011
0 Likes
Jackson_McLean
Excursionist
17 0 8

That worked! Thank you, Bjorn. I'll definitely check out your app.

Jackson

0 Likes

Fantastic, glad to hear it Jackson :)

Bjorn Forsberg | FORSBERG+two | Award-winning Shopify Apps since 2011
0 Likes