What is the difference between collaborators and staff in ecommerce platforms?

Cuben65
Visitor
1 0 0

Anyone who have answer to this? Not able to find the info myself.

1. What do the terms collaborators and staff mean? Know there is 5 Staff accounts in Plan Shopify and 15 Staff accounts in Plan Advanced. But what is “collaborators” and how 

2. Can I as a shop owner give a collaborator access and authorization to selected customers or customer group? So that person is the only one that can see and manage those customers, do manual orders + add new customeretc? Except from me of course. 

Ask this because I´m looking for a function that can work if I connect with extra sales persons.

3. Is it possible to have country-specific image variants on language versions of the store?

/ Urban

Reply 1 (1)

Blair
Shopify Staff
1965 260 233

Hey @Cuben65,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! To provide some clarification on adding staff and collaborators to the shop, we have a great Staff Guide you can check out. There are two options when it comes to adding and providing individuals access to your shop:

As you noted, the number of staff that can be added to the shop is determined based on your plan. Collaborators however, don't count towards the staff limit as they access the shop through their Partner Dashboard or using the Shopify App. For more information on adding collaborators to the shop, I recommend checking out our Collaborator Permissions documentation. 

Touching on the second question, are you looking to have different images populate for products when shopping in different countries? 

Hopefully this provided some clarification, but please let me know if you have any other questions!

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog