Why does my card reader keep disconnecting?

hlgallery
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello! Our card reader constantly disconnects, and we cant figure out what the problem is, any tips? 

Replies 3 (3)

Mac
Shopify Staff
1674 170 271

Hi, @hlgallery!
Thanks for reaching out in our Community Forums and for sharing your concern, I’d be happy to point you in the right direction.

I understand that you are having issues with your card reader. My first suggestion is to ensure that all of the applicable devices and applications are up-to-date to rule out any ongoing bug issues. Then, you can select your card reader here and follow the connection guide to ensure that you are following the correct steps to onboard your device. 

If you are still having issues, We’d be happy to continue assisting you through the available contact methods in our Help Center. Once you're there, log in to your account, select Store Management > In-person retail and Shopify POS, and scroll down to the bottom of the page to select a contact option.

Let me know how that goes!

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Adsmith
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello @hlgallery 

Did you manage to resolve your issues, and if so how? I have experienced similar issues lately.

Thanks!

Mac
Shopify Staff
1674 170 271

Hi, @Adsmith!

Thanks for joining this thread.

I understand that you are experiencing a similar issue with your card reader. I'm just jumping in here to suggest that you reach out to our retail support team so that we offer some more in depth troubleshooting steps with you. You can do so through the available contact methods in our Help Center. Once you're there, log in to your account, select a topic, and scroll down to the bottom of the page to select a contact option.

Hope this helps!

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog