Why is my POS go not working after connecting to wifi and updates?

DarynaMag
Visitor
2 0 3

I have purchased a POS go, connected to my Shopify account and wifi, downloaded updates, and completed the security update as well. I get a black screen with an horizontal bar bouncing back and forth and nothing else. I have done a factory reset and completed these steps again but can't get the POS go to be functional 

Replies 8 (8)

Vonda_Youngkin
Explorer
77 0 55

From what I’m reading, way too common. Get it resolved?

TheCrownArts
Visitor
1 0 0

Same here and I need to use it at an event tomorrow! It was working a day ago! Did you find a solution? I have restarted it and tempted to do a factory reset but that didn't work for you apparently.

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2224 153 259

Hi, @TheCrownArts.

Welcome to the Shopify Community, and thanks for being part of the thread.

We're sorry to hear you're running into issues with your POS Go. For better visibility, are you able to share a screenshot/image of the specific error message you're receiving?  

Victoria | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

llgeesaman
Visitor
3 0 0

IMG_4681.jpeg

I’m having the same issue and I just got the thing. 

llgeesaman
Visitor
3 0 0

I’m having the same issue and only had it for one day. 

llgeesaman
Visitor
3 0 0

IMG_4686.jpeg

Well, I just tried setting up my second POS Go (I bought two) and it’s doing the same thing.  Shopify had better respond to this thread because right now, these things are a POS!  Yes, pun was intended. 

HKJ
Trailblazer
146 5 47

Oh wow, I was thinking of buying one. No way now.

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2434 455 410

Hey @llgeesaman.

Thanks for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. 

Are you still experiencing this issue with your devices? If so, I would suggest attempting to factory reset the devices to see if that does the trick.

• Option 1: On the POS Go: Tap More = Settings > Device settings > System > Factory reset > tap Factory reset
  • Option 2: Hold down all 3 buttons > once the popup is offered: “Confirm Factory reset” Tap Reset
  • Option 3: If the above do not reset the device, holding down all 3 buttons for 15 seconds will force the factory reset

If you continue to experience issues with the POS devices, you can get in touch with our live support immediately by navigating to the Help Center. When you arrive at the Help Center, you will need to make the virtual assistant be aware that you would like to Speak with support and you will be connected accordingly.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog