Why won't my S700 scanner pair with my iPad app?

Why won't my S700 scanner pair with my iPad app?

Greenmuddler
Visitor
1 0 0

I have a new S700 Scanner that paired with my ipad Shopify app flawlessly and worked well and then all of the sudden it went unrecognized.  I went into the app and looked at the hareware and it was unpaired.  I tried several times to repair it.  Cleared the bluetooth cache by unparing bt components and restarting the ipad.  I then repared all of the bt devices but the socket scanner continues to do the same thing; it goes through all the 3 steps to pair it and when i get to the final step, the choose recognized hardware step, the app recognizes the scanner and I choose it, the wheel spins like its attemthen nothing. It refuses to finalize the pairing, the wheel next to the hardware name keep spinning and eventually the scanner in pairing mode just times out.  Pretty frustating anyone have a fix or suggestion?  

Replies 3 (3)

tandt1
Tourist
8 0 1

I'm having the exact same problem today and found this post of yours. So frustrating and I can't find an answer.

Greta
Shopify Staff
1200 125 151

Hi, @tandt1!

I came across your comment and wanted to assist. I first recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps in our help document. If the issue persists, you can contact our live support team directly from the Shopify POS app! Simply navigate to More > Support  > Contact support. We'd be happy to investigate further!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Greta | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

FrancesN
Visitor
2 0 2

I was having the same issue. But I was able to fix it by going to my iPads Bluetooth settings and disconnecting (forget this device) the scanner from the iPad. And then pairing it again in the Shopify POS. Hope it helps!