Bug: fulfillmentCreateV2's input argument message field isn't saved?

Claire222
Shopify Partner
95 2 9

Per Shopify GraphQL documentation, `fulfillmentCreateV2` accepts `message` as an argument. However, even when the query is successful, the message is no where to be found, neither in Shopify Admin or GraphQL via `fulfillment` or `fulfillmentOrder` objects.

Any updates on when this will be fixed?

0 Likes
L_J_K
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
246 29 37

Hey @Claire222 

Thanks for raising this!  I've been talking to our Fulfillments team in the interim since your post here - it seems for the message to be stored, the query passed should be for a fulfillment that is submitted to an API fulfillment service. Noted, the documentation could be made clearer regarding this mutation - and we'll work on shipping that.

In terms of the retrieval of the message we're still in the midst of investigating the best way forward on that front.

I'll endeavour to communicate any further updates that can be provided from the team on this as they arise. 

| API Support @ Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
L_J_K
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
246 29 37

Hey @Claire222 

I wanted to reach out and get some further context on the use cases behind the message input argument - I'm figuring you'd naturally want to just retrieve it via API - am I right in assuming you wish to store this value somewhere for the app? 

We're still working through this at time of writing. Any insight you could give would be much appreciated - thanks!

| API Support @ Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Claire222
Shopify Partner
95 2 9

Thanks @L_J_K ,

When a third party Fulfillment Service fulfills an order, they might want to add a message. Based on the Shopify documentation, our understanding is that a message can be added to the GraphQL call, but that's apparently not working. As for the message itself, it'll be great if the Shopify admin can view it on an order in Shopify (similar to other Events).

Hope this helps.