FROM CACHE - en_header

Create multiple discount codes refer to the same price rule

Jeffrey1
Tourist
3 0 3

Hi there, 

What I'm trying to do right now is to create a unique discount code which could only be used once to the customer who earns it. I don't care how he/she use the code, he/she could even give the discount code to others to use.

We will send batches of discount codes everyday, and there must be a lot shared the same price rules. So, if I could create multiple discount codes refer to the same price rules, I only need to create a few price rules. And that is exactly what I want to do, create multiple discount codes refer to the same price rules. I'll set the price rule to have usage_limit=1 to make sure each unique discount code could only be used once.

According to Price Rules API, there are several paragraphs imply that I could create several discount codes which refer to the same price rule, like Retrieve a list of discount codes.
I just don't get it why I could only create one discount code per price rule right now.

I noticed that as the doc said "Note: Currently, you can only create a single discount code per price rule." 
Is their any other way to go around it? Also, when will I be able to create multiple discount codes refer to the same price rule?

Thanks.

Replies 3 (3)
PurpleMamba
Shopify Partner
113 2 15

It's one discount code per price rule for now.

Maybe when it's officially released that might change, I'm sure the API team received much feedback about this very thing during the beta period.

For now, that's what we have to work with.

Danijel
Shopify Partner
21 0 18

We're also blocked by this limitation. Would be very helpful to have some feeback from the dev team as to how long this constraint will apply? Thanks guys. 

Jordan
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
300 3 75

Good news everyone! Price rules now support multiple discount codes and there's also a new batch bulk discount endpoint available. Read more here 

Jordan | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog