customerAccessToken with multipass?

Matt_Lein
Shopify Partner
2 0 2

We have our own users and auth set up I’m trying to find a way to log in users from our site via multipass, get their customerAccessToken, so I can query for user data, like order history, associate a cart to them, and have them already logged in when they transition into the shopify checkout.

I have successfully done multipass tokens to auto login and redirect, but I have not found a way to do this via the API and get a customerAccessToken back.

Is this possible?

cbodtorf
Shopify Partner
7 0 1

Trying to find a solution to this as well.

0 Likes
cbodtorf
Shopify Partner
7 0 1

Looks like this will be released with the upcoming version of Storefront API
https://shopify.dev/tutorials/update-customer-data-with-storefront-api#customeraccesstokencreatewith...

0 Likes
fgoncalves135
1 0 0

hi Shopify support team,

we have already implemented multipass token authentication process, but we still would like to create the customer access token, so that we can get historic orders and other related info. but it seems the mutation CustomerAccessTokenCreateWithMultipass isn't working on our store. can you please help me? below is the reply we are getting back when we call the mutation.

thanks in advance!

{
    "errors": [
        {
            "message": "Field 'CustomerAccessTokenCreateWithMultipass' doesn't exist on type 'Mutation'",
            "locations": [
                {
                    "line": 3,
                    "column": 3
                }
            ],
            "path": [
                "mutation",
                "CustomerAccessTokenCreateWithMultipass"
            ],
            "extensions": {
                "code": "undefinedField",