Dev store webhook not sending data

Ross8
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

I have a development store with a single webhook setup to post orders when payment is complete. If I send a test notification, it comes through fine but if I put a test purchase through I get nothing from the webhook (I've tried with requestBin and get the same result). As this appears to work fine on my live site is there something preventing the webhook from firing on the dev store ? Perhaps because I have it setup with the dummy payment gateway ?

This is making it very hard to test out new developments on the store.

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Likes
Josh
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1131 82 200

Hey Ross, 

That's strange, it sounds like it may be related to the way orders are being created. Do you have an example order ID where this happened? I could take a look and see what might have occurred from here.

0 Likes
Ross8
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

Hi Josh,

Order number: 52824277002

I've tried Stripe payments in test mode and the bogus payment gateway. We don't get notifications for either.

Thanks.
Ross

0 Likes
Josh
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1131 82 200

Hey again Ross, 

The order that you mentioned hasn't actually been paid for yet - you'll have to view it in your admin and capture the payment before it'll be considered paid for. Once you do that, you should receive a webhook. 

If that doesn't work out though, keep me posted!

0 Likes
FabianGonzalez
5 0 0

The order payment webhook foe those orders wasn't fired no idea why.
I had the same problem Orders ids:

But for those orders work fine the webhook was fired

The only difference is in teh case that the webhook was fired as expected the orders was created as draff orders in the Dev store admin site and the orders that the webhook didn't work was created wiht the checkout in the dev online store. the order webhook functionality is not avalible for development stores? i mean this becasue the checkout show this message "This store can't accept real orders or real payments".

I also have a Customer creatio WebHook that works fien in both enviroments. 

0 Likes