Email [Action required] Update your Shopify apps before April 1, 2020

Solved
MGroupGeoff
3 0 0

I have received an email that says:

One or more of your private apps have made deprecated API calls in the last 30 days. Support for these versions will be removed on April 1, 2020. Please update your apps listed below to API version 2019-07 or later to ensure they continue to function correctly.

Store: ***********
App: **********

I'm pretty sure that I'm not using the 'featured' property of the Collect class/object. Admittedly, my API calls use urls without the versioning part. Do I need to take any action?

I would greatly appreciate help on this matter. Thanks.

0 Likes
jenyim
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
4 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out! Even if you're not using the `featured` field, we ask that you update your Collects calls to API version 2019-07 or later so that Shopify knows you're not consuming this field in your app.

Let us know if there are any other questions we can help with.

0 Likes
MGroupGeoff
3 0 0

Thank you

0 Likes
mjshaven
Tourist
7 0 0

What if the app become unsupported, how to update it? If we update the API, can shopify detect it automatically? What should we do?

0 Likes
jojo_agency
2 0 0

I have the same issue.  See email from Shopify below.  Who can i hire to fix this issue?

email:

Hello JoJo Agency,

One or more of your apps have made deprecated API calls in the last 30 days. Support for this version will be removed on October 1, 2021. Please update the apps listed below to API version 2021-01 or later and make the required updates outlined in the breaking changes section of the 2021-01 release.

What happens if I don't update my apps? If your apps continue to use unsupported APIs on or after October 1, Shopify will delist them from the Shopify App Store and block installation of your apps.

For more details about the deprecated API calls your apps are making, follow the links below to the API Health report on the Partner Dashboard.

App: BNB APP: Amazon Buy Now Button
API Health dashboard

To learn how to update your apps, refer to the versioning guide or reach out to us on the API forums or through the Support section of the Partner Dashboard.

Regards,
Shopify Apps Team

0 Likes