FROM CACHE - en_header

Export Shopify Blog posts to Wordpress Blog

Dave_Parker
Shopify Partner
8 0 0

Hello,

Hope all is well!

I saw a similar post to this, but it has been closed because of it's age and I'm creating a new one to see if things have changed.

What options are there for exporting Shopify blog posts into a Wordpress blog? We use excerpts on our Shopify posts, so bringing up the RSS from feedburner and/or adding .atom to the end of the url on a blog page only shows the excerpts and not the full posts. So AFAIK, I don't think we can import from an RSS feed, unless there is a way to create an RSS with the full posts and not the excerpts.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Dave

Replies 3 (3)
ThomasBorowski
Shopify Expert
803 71 217

As no one has answered here, did you find a way to export the blog posts to Wordpress?

★ Smart Upgrades, Tips and Tutorials for Shopify themes: themepunk.io
Did my solution work? Help other Community members easily find the correct solution and apply it to their own stores by marking it as the Accepted Solution and giving it a Thumbs Up
Cornelius_Quiri
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Friendly bump in hopes of someone having an answer 🙂

Maarten_van_Gro
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
155 0 35

Sorry for the late reply! I'm not sure what kind of options you have when importing into Wordpress, but I understand from above that it accepts RSS feeds? 

In that case I guess you could create a private app that functions as a proxy between Shopify and Wordpress. The API returns full blog posts, which you can use to create a full bodied RSS feed. It actually wouldn't be too hard to make.

Maarten | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog