Facebook Pixel Error - "Same Event ID Received for Many Event Instances"

Jake2000
2 0 1

We have been using the default Shopify integration with Facebook Pixel. it worked fine up until recently. We started getting critical warning from Facebook pixel manager that "Same Event ID Received for Many Event Instances". We believe this is causing conversion events to be duplicated across multiple ad sets, i.e. double-counting conversions!

Anyone has seen this recently? This error just came out of no where. We did not make any changes.

Ad Pixel Error.JPG

Replies 16 (16)
_JB
Shopify Staff
834 99 190

Hey @Jake2000,

Thanks for bringing this up. We're investigating now, will post back here soon with an update.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

_JB
Shopify Staff
834 99 190

Hi @Jake2000,

Our teams have investigated and they've been unable to replicate the error. Can you confirm if you're still seeing this? If so please provide the shop_id and we can look further.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

Jake2000
2 0 1

The error went away when the Facebook app was re-integrated again. However, I don't know if the Facebook ad manager data are correct or not anymore. All these duplications are making doubt if the conversions are real

Vchicdesigns
2 0 0

Hi! I am having this issue also! Is there a solution now? Could not see it! 

SD_Digital
1 0 0
MiaghY
1 0 0

Hello I have the same issue. Tried to send this to Shopify support , I have't received any answer yet. I'm waiting

ahurlburt
Tourist
6 0 2

I'm also having this issue on my store (has just appeared recently). I'm also a developer and using the native shopify integration. Considering with the native pixel integration both web events & conversion API are sent via the Shopify tracker this seems like a potential bug in the Shopify web tracker (trekkie) or the conversion API implementation.

Could Shopify team please comment and if necessary provide requests for further information gathering from affected stores (since you say they are unable to reproduce). It seems many people (and stores) here are affected. Considering the importance of accurate ad reporting a prompt response from Shopify would be appreciated.

Thank you

@_JB 

Aleksander2
1 0 0

Hi,

Our store is experiencing the same issue. Anyone having any luck solving this?

ahurlburt
Tourist
6 0 2

I have an open case, will report back what I hear. It looks to me from event manager that Shopify recently started sending more events than just purchases via the Conversion API (you can see in event manager the event source  for the various events and you'll see Browser-Server for some, previously only purchase events were Browser-Server). It's actually good that Shopify is supporting more events via the conversion api since browser tracking appears to becoming less reliable, however this also means it is likely that Shopify recently made a change to their tracking code which is possibly where this issue came from.