Solved

fetchWithProducts() not returning tags

Joe_Tacconelli
Shopify Partner
3 1 1

I am using the js-buy-sdk (https://shopify.github.io/js-buy-sdk/index.html) and the following code is not returning tags with the products.

client.collection.fetchWithProducts(collectionId).then((collection) => {
  // Do something with the collection  console.log(collection);  console.log(collection.products);
});

Is there something I need to add?

Thanks

Accepted Solution (1)

Joe_Tacconelli
Shopify Partner
3 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

I found the answer. It seems like you can't do that with fetchWithProducts(), but if you make a custom query you can. Here is the code I found

const query = client.graphQLClient.query((root) => {
   root.addConnection('products', {
      args: { first: 250, query: "collection_type:{{name of collection}}" }
   }, (Product) => {
Product.add('title'); Product.add('tags');// Add fields to be returned Product.addConnection('variants', { args: { first: 250 } }, (variants) => {
variants.add('product'); variants.add('title'); variants.add('price'); variants.add('sku'); }); });
}); client.graphQLClient.send(query).then(({ model, data }) => { console.log(model); });

Hope this helps anyone else.

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Joe_Tacconelli
Shopify Partner
3 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

I found the answer. It seems like you can't do that with fetchWithProducts(), but if you make a custom query you can. Here is the code I found

const query = client.graphQLClient.query((root) => {
   root.addConnection('products', {
      args: { first: 250, query: "collection_type:{{name of collection}}" }
   }, (Product) => {
Product.add('title'); Product.add('tags');// Add fields to be returned Product.addConnection('variants', { args: { first: 250 } }, (variants) => {
variants.add('product'); variants.add('title'); variants.add('price'); variants.add('sku'); }); });
}); client.graphQLClient.send(query).then(({ model, data }) => { console.log(model); });

Hope this helps anyone else.

calvchum
Visitor
1 0 0

Helpful answer but frustrating that there isn't a way to do it with fetchAll(). looks like I'll have to refactor my code to graphQL (shopify are pretty much forcing this to happen)

WebEnvy
Tourist
6 0 0

As an FYI you have to do the same for metafields (one you have Whitelisted them)
https://help.shopify.com/en/api/guides/metafields/storefront-api-metafields#expose-metafields-to-the...

product.addConnection('metafields', {args: {first: 20}}, (metafield) => {
            metafield.add('namespace')
            metafield.add('key')
            metafield.add('value')
          });
JAM-Team
Tourist
4 0 2

Ehy @Joe_Tacconelli well done about the solution but can you please be more precise about:

query: "collection_type:{{name of collection}}"

With name I guess you mean the slug. Filtering by category-slug for us is really important because doing so we avoid fetch all products.
Btw I can't implement your example as-is.

Supposing we have a cat. slug best-products how should I implement it?
Something like query: "collection_type:{{best-products}}"  or query: "collection_type: best-products"

Without query prop. is working fine of course.
Thanks!

Spencer_Snyder
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

I created a package here that is just a fork of the original SDK with tags on products by default. Everything else is exactly the same. 

No need to do all the other crap. Just install this. 

https://www.npmjs.com/package/shopify-buy-with-tags