MediaImage failed to process

timolins
10 0 0

One of my customers just messaged me that some of their images are missing inside my app. 

I did some investigations and it seems like the affected images have the following error, even though the status is set to READY.

{
   "node": {
     "__typename": "MediaImage",
     "id": "gid://shopify/MediaImage/7412102594640",
     "mediaContentType": "IMAGE",
     "mediaErrors": [
       {
         "code": "IMAGE_PROCESSING_FAILURE",
         "message": "Media failed to process because the image could not be processed"
       }
     ],
     "status": "READY",
     "image": null
   }
 }

The image can be obtained by using `images` (instead of `media`), so it is definitely uploaded successfully.

Is there any way to fix broken images like this?

Timo Lins ~ Founder @ PS Tunnel
Connect Photoshop to Shopify.
Edit and upload product images instantly. ✂️

0 Likes
_JB
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
834 99 189

Hey @timolins,

I checked our logs and I'm seeing this error message mentioned: "process_images failed because image transformation failed with: Could not determine dimensions". I agree this shouldn't be the case if the same image is working as a regular image (non-media) upload. 

I've downloaded the image which is giving an error, would you mind providing the URL for a different image that was uploaded successfully in the same job? I'll send these over to our developers and they should be able to figure out what's happening.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
N_Art
2 0 0

I’m having this same issue. I haven’t looked at the coding, but my images were at 5.6 MB when I first uploaded and now that I’m trying to add another image that is just.3 MB larger, I’m getting a processing error on the app but being told that my image shouldn’t be larger than 20 MB?? I even flattened the image and made it 2.8 MB and am still getting the same issue....

0 Likes
thetiredealer
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello I am having the same issue, for some reason the image is not uploading. Was there any update on this issue? 

_JB
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
834 99 189

In order to further investigate issues with image uploads, please provide the MediaImageID or X-Request-ID value from the response headers of a call that experienced the issue. 

- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
K_U_
1 0 0

Hello,

When I try to add image from this URL (anyone who has the link can open it), I receive the following message:

"Media upload failed

Some of your media failed to upload, please retry again.
  • Image: Media processing failed"

Why does it happen? How can I upload images from similar addresses?

Thank you!

0 Likes
msawyer9616
Tourist
6 0 1

I am experiencing this same issue, any resolution steps? Do I need to change code to get media uploaded to product photos via YouTube link?

0 Likes
_JB
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
834 99 189

@K_U_ 

I clicked the link you provided but it's asking me to sign in to a Microsoft account. Shopify won't be able to download an imaged gated by an authentication process, so you'll need to host that somewhere else.

@msawyer9616 

Please provide a URL to one of your images here and we can take a look. Note that the image has to be directly accessible from that URL.

0 Likes
canfernee
Shopify Expert
1 0 0

Hi, all~ 

I'm having the same issue with my shop. I used to be able to upload gifs but now, I can't. I keep getting the same error: 

• Image: Media failed to process because the image could not be processed

Hoping for help on this. Thank you~ 

0 Likes
Joiakim
6 0 0

I'm having the same issue when processing images from a CSV file. All my jpg images succeeded to upload but the png images didn't. Which format are your images? I assume this is due to whether the format or the file weight. 

0 Likes