FROM CACHE - en_header

Multiple discount codes for one price rule

Udaya
2 0 0

Currently Shopify's "Discount Code" endpoint doesn't allow to create multiple discount codes per price rule.

When I try to create multiple discount codes, I'm getting a HTTP 422 response code.

Does anyone know from when does Shopify support creating multiple discount codes per price rule ?

Please see the "note" section here for more details:

https://help.shopify.com/api/price-rules#tag/Discount-Code%2Fpaths%2F~1admin~1price_rules~1%7BpriceR...

Replies 4 (4)
Busfox
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
628 49 106

Hi there,

As you mentioned, only one discount code can be created per price rule currently. That may change in the future, but there is no concrete date for this.

Cheers,

Andrew | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Jordan
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
300 3 75

Hey Udaya,

We've recently developed new endpoint in the Price Rules API that allows for bulk creation of discount codes. We thought this might be something you'd be interested in and would like to offer you early access.

If you would like early access, please feel free to reply to this thread below! 

Jordan | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

Udaya
2 0 0

That's awesome, Thanks Jordan,

We would like to have early access to that API endpoint. Please let us know the next steps.

Jordan
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
300 3 75

Price Rules API now supports bulk discount code creation

Jordan | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog