No SKU returned on order line item

Solved
inflowsupport
1 0 0
Our application pulls Shopify orders using the Shopify SKU as the unique identifier. Regular Shopify orders are syncing properly, but orders that are made via the ReCharge plugin are being returned with blank SKUs for items that have a SKU saved on the website. 

From reading ReCharge docs, ReCharge creates hidden auto-renew products using the SKU from the original product. These ReCharge created products DO have a SKU saved in their product records, however calling the Orders API (/admin/api/2021-01/orders/{order_id}.json): https://shopify.dev/docs/admin-api/rest/reference/orders/order#show-2021-01) for order line  is returning blank SKU for these ReCharge orders (the SKU is NOT empty for regular Shopify orders). This is causing an issue with our application as it relies on the Shopify SKU. 

"line_items": [
{
"sku": "",
}
]

0 Likes
CalD
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
139 20 28

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @inflowsupport,

Can you post or DM me an example request? (and, if possible, the x-request-id response header from such a request made within the last 10 days?)

CalD | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes