FROM CACHE - en_header

Order Deletion Webhook

ROFISH
Tourist
26 0 1

Hey guys,

I noticed that there was an orders/delete webhook in the API docs, but it's not firing. When I delete orders in my test store, it throws an "order/updated" webhook and it doesn't seem like it's giving a status about it's deletion? So all I get is the same order status information without knowing it's deleted.

Ryan Alyea

http://deepmine.herokuapp.com

Replies 7 (7)
Lydia_Krupp-Hun
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
135 2 4

Hey Ryan, is there a reason why you're looking for deleted orders, and not cancelled? Orders/delete is only sent when the order is actually fully destroyed from the database, not just cancelled for whatever reason.

Lydia | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
ROFISH
Tourist
26 0 1

Yes. Customers in DeepMine have their numbers incorrect. They see a "paid/fulfilled" order, when they deleted it from Shopify. They are confused as to why it's in DeepMine when it was deleted from Shopify.

Lydia_Krupp-Hun
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
135 2 4

Cancelling an order through the admin will trigger the orders/cancelled webhook, not orders/delete (this is probably ambiguous in the docs). 

Lydia | Shopify 

ROFISH
Tourist
26 0 1

Right, but it is still marked as "paid/fulfilled" in the order. Cancelled orders are usually marked as "refunded/voided/restocked". There's no indicator given that it was deleted, whereas cancelled orders have their statuses changed.

Lydia_Krupp-Hun
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
135 2 4

Can you email me some more details on this (API client, shop)? Thanks.

Lydia | Shopify 

ROFISH
Tourist
26 0 1

Are you still looking into this? I have customers who use the delete order function (the trash can icon, not the cancellation or refund features), and DeepMine does not get any information about the fact that I should delete these orders. (Thus making accounting incorrect!)

Lydia_Krupp-Hun
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
135 2 4

Hey Ryan,

To delete an order from the dashboard (in both versions of the Shopify admin), the merchant has to first cancel the order and then delete. The delete option doesn't appear until the order has been cancelled. If you send info on specific shops/orders, I can take a look at why specific orders aren't being marked as cancelled.

I've tested out listening for orders/cancelled and then cancelling orders in my dev shop, and then immediately after deleting them (in case deletion was impacting sending of the orders/cancelled webhook). It looks like they're coming in reliably though. The orders/delete webhook is for a scenario where the orders are fully destroyed, not just marked as deleted, which doesn't happen via the admin. 

Lydia | Shopify