Solved

Resource Picker set initialSelectionIds for Variants in Resource Picker with type "Product"

tommydev
Excursionist
15 0 4

Dear Community,

I'm using the Resource Picker from the Shopify App Bridge. It is set to resource type "Product" with showVariants set true. Is there a way to preselect the variants that are listed under the products in an opened ResourcePicker? I can use the prop "initalSelectionIds" to select a Product, e.g.:

<ResourcePicker
                    resourceType={"Product"}
                    initialSelectionIds={[{id: "gid://shopify/Product/12312321"}]}
/>

But if I use id: "gid://shopify/ProductVariant/32342323" nothing gets selected.

I could'nt find an answer in the docs: https://shopify.dev/tools/app-bridge/react-components/resourcepicker .

Accepted Solution (1)
Trish_Ta
Shopify Staff
58 13 27

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Tommy,

Our docs on the help site is out of date unfortunately. If you open a "Product" Resource Picker and wanted to preselect a variant, you need to select the product and then set the selected variant id inside `variants`. Something like this should work:

[ {
  id: 'gid://Shopify/Product/1',
  variants: [{
    id: 'gid://Shopify/ProductVariant/1234123412',
  }],
}];

Trish | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

tommydev
Excursionist
15 0 4

I just found out, that although the variants that I choose in the intialSelectionIds are not ticked in the resource picker in the frontend, they are actually returned in the selection handler.

So if I for example take:

<ResourcePicker
                    resourceType={"Product"}
                    showVariants={true}
                    initialSelectionIds={[{id: "gid://shopify/ProductVariant/1234123412"}]}
                    onSelection={(e) => this.resourcePickerSelection(e.selection)}
                />

then the resourcePickerSelection Handler will return at least the variant with id 1234123412. Sadly, I can even choose the same variant in the picker again and the selection array contains the id twice. I'm not sure if this is intended behavior, but I will file an issue on github for the developers if I find time for that.

Trish_Ta
Shopify Staff
58 13 27

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Tommy,

Our docs on the help site is out of date unfortunately. If you open a "Product" Resource Picker and wanted to preselect a variant, you need to select the product and then set the selected variant id inside `variants`. Something like this should work:

[ {
  id: 'gid://Shopify/Product/1',
  variants: [{
    id: 'gid://Shopify/ProductVariant/1234123412',
  }],
}];

Trish | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

leilei9011
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi Trish_Ta,

Since the docs on the help site are out of date, is there any other way we can view all the props for Resource Picker?

Thanks.

iain-campbell
Shopify Staff (Retired)
54 9 23

The docs have been updated 🙂

https://shopify.dev/tools/app-bridge/actions/resourcepicker#options

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

tommydev
Excursionist
15 0 4

Dear Trish_Ta & iain-campbell,

thank you for your fast and helpful answers and updating the docs! Sorry, that I didn't answer earlier, a different topic had occupied my mind. But now I can continue working on my original project and since I now have your answer, it surly will get started smoothly 🙂

Greetings, Tommy

nxd
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

hi iain-campbell,

I tried an example from doc https://shopify.dev/tools/app-bridge/actions/resourcepicker#options and didn't work for me, only when I replaced `Shopify` with `shopify` it works well. Maybe someone has the same problem.

Thanks.