Solved

REST Order API Bug - empty data when requesting specific fields affecting some stores (so far)

Jonathan-HA
Shopify Partner
317 24 99

Hi there,

In the last hour, we've received reports from 3 merchants so far about Order API data from certain fields like the `billing_address` and `shipping_address` fields returning blank.

The issue only occurs if specific fields are being requested (via the `fields` parameter).  So far, not all stores are affected so I'm guessing an update is currently being rolled out.

Here's an example where the billing_address and shipping_address fields returns an empty dictionary value:

Jonathan-HA_0-1615504205066.png

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Co-Founder / Developer at Highview Apps
Our Shopify Apps: EZ Exporter | EZ Inventory | EZ Importer | EZ Notify | EZ Fulfill
Accepted Solution (1)
TyW
Community Manager
451 63 1209

This is an accepted solution.

@Jonathan-HA wrote:

Just finished chatting with Shopify support and their engineering team is aware of the issue and should hopefully have a fix soon.

Will update here once I get confirmation it's fixed.

Thanks for making this topic @Jonathan-HA!

I wanted to share that the solution has been implemented and that we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused

Thanks again,

TyW

TyW | Online Community Manager @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

Parcel_Intellig
Shopify Partner
107 1 49

yes, started noticing this issue today.

If we don't request a subset of fields then all data is returned

the amount of data seems to change based on the number of fields we request too, for example requesting only shipping_address gives me no data at all

requesting these fields gives me the name within shipping_address only.

name,order_number,line_items,cancelled_at,created_at,processed_at,closed_at,financial_status,fulfillment_status,shipping_address,customer,id,subtotal_price,shipping_lines,total_discounts,total_tax,tax_lines,total_price,gateway,note,note_attributes,tags

only happening on some merchants.

tried various API versions too, all the same.

Jonathan-HA
Shopify Partner
317 24 99

@Parcel_Intellig Exact same behavior on our side as well.

If requesting `name` (the order name), the `shipping_address.name` get populated if `shipping_address` is requested which is weird (and other attributes are missing).  Seems something's wrong with the way the data is queried in the db.

Currently on chat with Shopify support, hopefully they can figure it out soon.

Our Shopify Apps: EZ Exporter | EZ Inventory | EZ Importer | EZ Notify | EZ Fulfill
Jonathan-HA
Shopify Partner
317 24 99

Just finished chatting with Shopify support and their engineering team is aware of the issue and should hopefully have a fix soon.

Parcel_Intellig
Shopify Partner
107 1 49

that's great! so much for API versioning!

TyW
Community Manager
451 63 1209

This is an accepted solution.

@Jonathan-HA wrote:

Thanks for making this topic @Jonathan-HA!

I wanted to share that the solution has been implemented and that we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused

Thanks again,

TyW

TyW | Online Community Manager @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Jonathan-HA
Shopify Partner
317 24 99

Thanks so much @TyW !

I've confirmed on my side as well that API behavior on the affected Shopify stores are now back to normal. 🙂

abdul98rehman
Tourist
5 0 1

is there a possibility that this has not been completely fixed? Im working with a development store with generic data however I am facing the same issue where in specific fields are not being returned but they are present in a general query. any guidance would be appreciated.