Send email to multiple recipient

Olena1
3 0 0

I want to send email with order confirmation and information about order to email address not only to one. I have two different recipients. Right now one of them stored in the customer.email, another one in the order.metafields.recipient_email. In the same time I need to send email to them. I couldn't find the solution. Is this possible? 

Also, in the documentation I found customer.email and order.email. What email address does the email go to exactly? Maybe I can set that "order conformation" go to the order.email and "shipping confirmation" go to the customer.email? Or maybe these two fields must be identical?

Hope you can help me.

Thanks.

Replies 10 (10)
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
3351 215 642

@justphred wrote:

Hey! 

I've been looking into how we could allow customers to send confirmation emails/shipping/tracking info to additional/multiple emails. Is that what you were able to accomplish?

The fastest, easiest,  solution is to have a help doc on educating users how to forward the emails you send them in various email clients; it's also the cheapest solution.

Beyond that is building an integration with a transactional email service with a theme customization to collect those other emails.

https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-design/product-pages-get-customization-information-for-produ... 

Be aware that a big problem here is you must be cautious against bad actors being able to use you as a proxy to harass or send spam.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com