Solved

Shopifys commission on external payment providers

Singe
Visitor
2 0 0

If a new payment module is built, what commission will shopify take from that payment or do they not take any?

The issue i am facing is i have a client who wants to build a plugin IE: like stripe, to take card payments on shopify but i cant find where or what commission shopify will take from the customer if they have to pay commission on the bank payment already. Essential a customer will be paying two lots of commission.

Please can the commission be clearly defined?

Accepted Solution (1)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

This is an accepted solution.

HI @Singe 

Great question and I can understand the importance of getting a clear answer on the fees or commission rate that Shopify may collect for a service like this. There is no fixed value though that can be referred to as it is calculated based on the volume of merchants and funds being processed.

It is important to note that we are currently not accepting new access requests for the Hosted Payment SDK (HPSDK) because the HPSDK is being deprecated in favour of Shopify's Payments Platform. Also, as of December 31, 2021, existing HPSDK integrations will be deprecated.

You can learn more about the requirements to build a new payment app and how the revenue share would be calculated in our Developer Docs: Payment Apps - Revenue share agreement. The revenue share agreement is going to be one of the last steps provided by our Partners team in the process of creating and approving a payments app. I would closely review the requirements and ensure that you will be able to fulfill all the necessary steps for this. 

Don't hesitate to let me know if you have additional questions, while I am not part of the team that handles these app reviews I will do my best to get you any answers you need.  

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

This is an accepted solution.

HI @Singe 

Great question and I can understand the importance of getting a clear answer on the fees or commission rate that Shopify may collect for a service like this. There is no fixed value though that can be referred to as it is calculated based on the volume of merchants and funds being processed.

It is important to note that we are currently not accepting new access requests for the Hosted Payment SDK (HPSDK) because the HPSDK is being deprecated in favour of Shopify's Payments Platform. Also, as of December 31, 2021, existing HPSDK integrations will be deprecated.

You can learn more about the requirements to build a new payment app and how the revenue share would be calculated in our Developer Docs: Payment Apps - Revenue share agreement. The revenue share agreement is going to be one of the last steps provided by our Partners team in the process of creating and approving a payments app. I would closely review the requirements and ensure that you will be able to fulfill all the necessary steps for this. 

Don't hesitate to let me know if you have additional questions, while I am not part of the team that handles these app reviews I will do my best to get you any answers you need.  

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Singe
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you for the swift response! Very much appreciated 🙂 

mehul_bx
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey @Shay ,

We applied to become a payments partner a while back and haven't heard back, whats the typical timeline by which one should hear back and anything that can be done to fasttrack the process?