Solved

Test Webhooks Are Instant, Live Webhooks Have Workflow-Breaking Latency

RitterWebSuppor
Tourist
4 0 2

I am developing an app that connects the Shopify API and my company's customer database for information that is added to Shopify metafields. Test webhooks fire and are received by my server almost instantly. However, when making live calls, there is a 20-to-30 second delay where nothing is logging to the console. After the delay, the data flows in all at once, but it makes it hard to update the user's view when it takes so long for the data to update. I'm using Node.JS. In addition, the same API calls made from Postman finish in 200ms, so I'm terribly confused.

Accepted Solution (1)

mrad
Shopify Staff (Retired)
63 10 15

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, this delay on webhooks is something we're looking to reduce in the coming days, so this shouldn't be a problem soon. Cheers!

mrad | Developer @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

mrad
Shopify Staff (Retired)
63 10 15

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, this delay on webhooks is something we're looking to reduce in the coming days, so this shouldn't be a problem soon. Cheers!

mrad | Developer @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

RitterWebSuppor
Tourist
4 0 2

That's good to hear! Look forward to being back on track! Any end-user insight as to what was causing the delay, or the discrepancy in delays?