Unable to access media labels in the embedded app

tarun-gujjula
5 0 0

I am trying to access media devices and am unable to when the app is embedded on Chrome. It is because of Chrome's Policy on Cross Origin iFrame. Can I know how do we add attributes to the iFrame when using AppBridge so that I can access media devices. 

https://blog.addpipe.com/camera-and-microphone-access-in-cross-oirigin-iframes-with-feature-policy/#... 

Thanks 

Replies 6 (6)

Dave_Pelletier
Shopify Staff (Retired)
27 3 5

Hi Tarun! Are you asking about accessing media devices on a smartphone? App Bridge has a Scanner action that might give you what you need.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

tarun-gujjula
5 0 0

Thank you Dave for responding. I'd like to access the camera and microphone from an embedded web app. A video calling solution. 

Dave_Pelletier
Shopify Staff (Retired)
27 3 5

Thanks for the clarification Tarun. We do not currently support adding iframe allow attributes for embedded apps.

uplara
Shopify Partner
41 0 1

Hey Dave any update here or proposed workaround. We want to provide a virtual tryon app that will allow access to camera

banned
Josh_Vocal
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1 0 0

Hi uplara. Unfortunately, adding iframe allow attributes such as accessing the camera and microphone from an embedded web app are not supported yet.

Maybe in the future, we implement this feature but it currently is not on our roadmap.

We hope to see your app in our store soon.

jamesongamble
Shopify Partner
2 0 2

Are there any updates to supporting iframe allow attributes for camera and microphone permissions from an embedded web app?