FROM CACHE - en_header

Uniqueness of Smart collection Ids

Solved
milann
Shopify Partner
9 0 1

Hi all,

I am wondering if the Ids of Smart Collections are unique across Shopify or just to the particular store. Unfortunately the REST API documentation does not mention that - https://shopify.dev/docs/admin-api/rest/reference/products/smartcollection?api%5Bversion%5D=2021-07#...

While the product one mentions that the product ids are unique - "An unsigned 64-bit integer that's used as a unique identifier for the product. Each id is unique across the Shopify system. No two products will have the same id, even if they're from different shops."

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
GrahamS
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
193 36 49

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @milann ,

I can confirm that Smart Collection ids are not relative to shops - they will also be completely unique across shops like product ids.

Graham S | API Support @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)
milann
Shopify Partner
9 0 1

Still cannot find any information about this. I hope that someone from Shopify scans the topics one in a while. This should be a very easy question to answe

GrahamS
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
193 36 49

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @milann ,

I can confirm that Smart Collection ids are not relative to shops - they will also be completely unique across shops like product ids.

Graham S | API Support @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

milann
Shopify Partner
9 0 1

Awesome. Thank you.