App to track inventory location within warehouse shelves

chateaudeglass
Visitor
2 0 1

Hello!

Wondering if anyone can assist.

We're looking for an app (or other suggestions) that will track the location of our products within our direct warehouse, i.e down to the shelf the product is stored on. Sometimes picking items for 100 orders or picking from a list to go to our physical store can take a long time due to needing to walk around and around the warehouse finding where stock has been put. It would also be ideal for temp/fill in workers who do not know the warehouse layout and usual stock placement. 

Can anyone suggest an app that does this, close to this or an alternative method? Ability to barcode scan products and check inventory levels would be a huge bonus as well. 

Thank you!

Replies 10 (10)

jchristie
Excursionist
13 2 4

Hi @chateaudeglass,

Sounds like you require a Warehouse Management System. There is a lot of options out there, a few have integrations with Shopify. 

Hopefully this points you in the right direction. 
James

Not applicable

Hi @chateaudeglass ,

There's a section for in-house fulfillment in Shopify's app store. https://apps.shopify.com/browse/orders-and-shipping-in-house-fulfillment

A lot of these solutions are focused on a complete set of tools. It's usually too much for someone that just wants shelf locations.

We'd be happy to offer a custom solution. It's just locations though and a custom packing slip, no barcode or inventory levels, but something we can talk about. 

Sincerely,

Sam - Owner @ Achieve Applabs

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hi

A WMS would be the best solution for what you are after but also depends on your size.

Do you already have your product zones, aisles, locations etc already set for each SKU?

We have a solution that imports all your Shopify orders and consolidates them to product a pick list which your warehouse staff can use. We also have a companion mobile app which means you don't have to use any additional hardware to bring up orders and then pick them into bins etc via your android or iPhone. We can easily also add product locations so your pick staff can locate items easier. Another good solution is to use the consolidated pick list that is then sorted by locations so staff only have to make one continuous trip to locate all products needed to fulfil all orders.

Our options are customisable to suit users needs as everyone is different. If you would like to discuss further please get in touch.

Regards

Tom

chateaudeglass
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi Tom,

This sounds like what we're after. We don't have product zones, aisles, locations etc already set for each SKU. I probably should have added that we already use a 3rd Party App ReadyToShip to consolidate all our orders, print picking slips and invoices and shipping labels but we're open to moving across to a different platform that also did all of this and the warehouse management we require. 

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hi

We could add the option to mobile app so that you can add location data when you scan a product. Note that Shopify doesn't have all the locations fields within their product fields so it would be stored on our end. That is not to say that you can't export it if you ever want to stop using our system.

If you are using readytoship than guessing you are in Australia? We are in Brisbane. No need to move from them as to start with you probably only need to use our mobile app to load your orders and then pick them based on the location details that are provided. We support iphones, ipads and android devices. We customise a lot of our systems for users as everyone is different so we can tweak till you have something that you are happy with.

Send me an email to tom@channelup.com.au and can discuss further with my developers.

Regards

Tom

jesuismaxime
Visitor
2 0 4

Hi Tom,

don't know how your message is up to date. But what you are talking about could be very very useful for a client.

We are builder a website with more than 20K products (70K variants) and the 'locations' concept of Shopify doesn't fit our client workflow. He got 9 locations, but all under the same route, so using Shopify Locations is not the best (picking stock in the wrong location, multiple fulfilment/tracking code for the same order). So the best solution is to have only one location and then have a third party solution or app to handle all the 'zones' (no need for aisles or shelves).

We already got all the stock per variant per 'zone' (note, the same product could be available in multiple zones, ex. on the basement, on the backstore and on the sale floor).

The solution needs to handle restock (add/set), lower the stock after an order, re-add stock on return, etc.

Is it something that you and your team can achieve?

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hey

There are a few things to consider but it is more about how the user wants to handle the inventory and creating the best automation or data flows for them. 

At minimum they may just need pick slips with the zone for each order or a consolidated pick slip. We try to keep things simple to start but we can do some advanced bespoke work. Might be good to show you some of the inventory add-ons we have within Channelup and you can decide if it would fit or what needs tweaking. Send me an email tom@channelup.io as can get my guys involved on Monday.

Regards

Tom

Anto_S
Shopify Partner
148 4 19

Hi @chateaudeglass 

In case you are still looking for a solution, please see if Sheet Master works for you - https://apps.shopify.com/sheet-master (currently free). You can set up custom warehouse row locations & shelf locations, and generate pick lists in custom formats - happy to help with a free custom setup in case you need it.  Video demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O12azLZcmjo

Anto_S_0-1635869480079.png

Automating Commerce at Comstack.co
Email: anto@comstack.co

Charlie506
Shopify Partner
60 2 4

Hi @chateaudeglass,

I'm not sure if you have found a solution yet but I think our App EasyScan will be perfect for you!

It is great for fulfilling orders using a barcode scanner. We have an easy way to manage Bin Locations for your products as well. 

Save time and be more accurate with your order fulfillment!

Plus you can even create orders, update your inventory and check inventory levels within the app just by scanning the product barcodes.

No more time spelling the product name correctly, or scrolling lists!

If you like a demonstration please reach out to me - https://www.506.io/support  

Thanks and have a great day!

Charlie

If my comments are helpful, please Like my post and Accept Solution.
Product Manager at 506.io

kingstore
Shopify Partner
175 5 31

Hey @chateaudeglass you may have already found a solution by now, I do have another option for your to consider, it may also help out if you've grown in size and need a proper WMS. 

SKUSavvy for Shopify will give you a way to manage your warehouse layout with bins and shelves, then visually allocate inventory to bins. You can setup bins to be replenished as well for holding stock to picking stock transfers. It will keep the 'flow' of inventory throughout your warehouse streamlined and efficient. 

With inventory allocated you'll be able to pull in orders from Shopify, batch them up, and create digital pick lists with scan confirmation (optional) on the bin and items your staff are picking. This enables you to pick and track potentially hundreds of orders at a time. Once picked your workers can transfer a batch for fulfillment or continue with fulfillment themselves to package with suggestions, and select shipping rates, then purchase labels on any device. It's an all-in-one system for Shopify merchants to do everything necessary to manage their own fulfillment across one or many warehouses. 

Get one account free with unlimited inventory, orders, SKUs etc.

There is also a full API to make custom integrations or functionality. 

The best Shopify Inventory Management App: Purchases, Bin Locations, Visual Inventory, Warehouse Management, Pick Pack Ship, Cycle Counts, and more.
Get your first SKUSavvy Mobile Inventory and Order Fulfillment account free for 50 orders
Schedule a call