Can I switch between Shopify subscription apps with active subscribers?

Idan3
7 0 0

There are many subscription apps in the Shopify marketplace like Recharge, Appstle, loop, Bold and more.

If I start with one subscription app, can I easily migrate to another app in the future when I already have paying subscribers?  

Does it relate to the new Shopify subscriptions API?

Replies 4 (4)

Rayshuggs
Globetrotter
561 35 83

Hello @Idan3  with regards to whether it would be easy to migrate to another subscription app I think that would depend on the app in question. However, I do know of an app that allows you to import subscriptions from other apps known as the Seal Subscriptions app and it has a plan which does not require payment you can check out here https://apps.shopify.com/seal-subscriptions 

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!
Increase sales with the Bundle app for Shopify merchants.

Stacy_Zhuk
Shopify Partner
456 21 64

Hello @Idan3,

That's a great question.

If I start with one subscription app, can I easily migrate to another app in the future when I already have paying subscribers? --- no, you can't. This will be a big project with custom coding. My team have done that for Bolt->Recharge direction, for example, and it took around 100 hours.

Does it relate to the new Shopify subscriptions API? - no, most apps are separated and existed a long time before this API has been introduced.

Best regards,
Anastasia

Co-founder at Whidegroup, e-commerce development company from Ukraine
- 10+ years of experience with SMBs
- Deep expertise in custom development & optimization
E-mail: anastasia@whidegroup.com

TienNgo
Shopify Partner
15 0 9

The integration is quite complicated. I recommend Subscription app, their team help me integration quickly

Daniel_ITG
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Dear Idan,

Certainly, you have the option to migrate from one app to another in the future, particularly if you have paying subscribers. While some apps facilitate one-click data export, it is noteworthy that none of them provide an import feature for complete data migration. To address this, I recommend reaching out either to the App Support Team or engaging with Shopify Experts.

The App Support Team typically offers migration services without additional charges, provided you purchase the app from the Shopify App Store. Conversely, Shopify Experts may levy charges for the migration process.

Furthermore, I would like to bring to your attention a newly launched app on the Shopify App Store, named 'Easy Subscription.' This application not only boasts a dedicated support team that assists with data migration at no extra cost but also offers compelling features. Additionally, they are open to incorporating custom changes to suit your specific needs.

For more information or to explore the app, please visit: https://apps.shopify.com/easy-subscription.

Thank you for your consideration.

Daniel Stevens
Business RelationShip Manager
IT-Geeks
www.itgeeks.com