Can I use wholesaler-provided images for my new online store?

HeatherN_
Visitor
3 0 0

I am new to Shopify, and third party wholesalers. I am looking for clarity on product images. I downloaded the app in the Shopify store and pulled the product to the website. However, I am nervous about using product images provided by the wholesaler for the website and social media. Can I get some advice?

Replies 2 (2)

biznazz101
Shopify Partner
494 48 88

Most wholesale suppliers/dropshippers are okay with you using their images. You can always contact them to ask.

Alternatively, you can take their existing photos and edit them into your own unique product images. For example:

biznazz101_0-1698906278920.png

dropshipped-product-pic-example.png

Hope that helps you. Don't hesitate to reach out for further help!
@biznazz101

Don't hesitate to reach out for more help with your store.
SEE OUR TASK STORE or check us out via our profile! FREE STORE AUDIT

snapshot
Shopify Partner
7 1 1

You have a few options here:

1. Use your suppliers photos. I would recommend if you do this that you edit them to remove text/background. This is probably the quickest way, depending on how much editing you have to do.
  2. Take photos of the product yourself: this will require a camera, backdrop, which can be expensive if you don't already own them.
  3. Pay for a professional photographer to take your photos: this will give good results but is the most costly solution and will take time to get results
  4. Use AI: I built a Shopify app called Snapshot. You can take a picture of your product with your phone, or take an image from your supplier, and Snapshot will repaint the background into any environment you want. There's a free plan if you want to try it out - the generations are pretty high quality
Snapshot AI: High-converting product photos in seconds
apps.shopify.com/snapshot