Can't Load Apps

Kris_Doyle
Shopify Partner
90 0 20

Hi All,

I've run into a strange issue in the last day or so. I click "Apps" and get the list, but when I choose an app, I just get a blank frame as shown below:

image.png

Normally the app would load but at the moment, nothing happens. If I hit Refresh then it loads, but otherwise, nothing happens. It doesn't matter which app I load whether it's my own app or a Shopify app...it doesn't matter.

I'm using Chrome 80 on Win10-64 and yeah I've cleared my cache/cookies, etc...doesn't make a difference.

Any ideas?

leighb4rnes
Shopify Partner
17 2 6

Yup, I have been seeing this since Friday on dev stores,
I can see that Shopify is never making the initial request to the app server whatsoever. 

It looks like the admin is never loading the iframe if I inspect when it gets to that state:

<main class="_2WHWf" id="AppFrameMain" data-has-global-ribbon="false"><a id="AppFrameMainContent" tabindex="-1"></a><div class="IoKcO"><div style="display: flex; flex-direction: column; height: 100%;"></div></div></main>

I havent seen this on live yet but seeing it on the second load of an app, until I do a refresh, then it works fine. 

Kris_Doyle
Shopify Partner
90 0 20

Yup that's the exact behaviour I'm seeing on the second load. Good to know it's only dev stores...would explain why I haven't been flooded with complaints lol

Kris

0 Likes
leighb4rnes
Shopify Partner
17 2 6

I haven't tested a live env, but since I am literally UAT testing my app for the app challenge I noticed when it kicked in and wandered if it was just me, haven't seen any one else mention it. 

I wander if may have something to do with 
https://twitter.com/jmwind/status/1256249454430224386?s=20

which said beta end of may?

0 Likes
Kris_Doyle
Shopify Partner
90 0 20

I can't really make out what's going on in the video but it certainly looks similar and the timing is about right.

0 Likes
leighb4rnes
Shopify Partner
17 2 6

Tested a live Plus store seems fine, so think this may be isolated to dev environments. 

0 Likes