Create Your Own Gift Box By Selecting Existing Products - Need app for this feature

thegiftkeeper
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi,

We want to create a page called "create your own gift box", where customers have an option for creating gift boxes by choosing multiple products available in the collection.

The first step to this is for customers to choose a box type which will define the number of products the customer can add in the box. We need the app to check that total product quantity doesn't exceed the box type, customers will have the option of choosing the same product multiple times.

On the check out page, the box combined value of the box along with products and packaging need to be displayed as a single product.

Replies 8 (8)

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

Hi, there.

Dallas here from the Social Care Team.

There are certain apps that can help with that. I have a few suggestions which I think would work for you.

That would be a product bundle app. I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for as in what kind of products you're looking to sell, but I think that you're going to want to take a look over these options.

One of the most popular is Bold Bundles. It allows you to create multiple variants for one product. In this case, you'd be adding all of the different options for that particular gift box. This wouldn't allow your customers to chose based on collections as you would have to add each feature variant into the product (which would be the gift box) as a variant. Does that make sense?

So rather than a collection with Product A, Product B, & Product C you would be looking at creating one product (the gift box) with Product A, Product B, & Product C as variants to add to the checkout in the gift box product. I hope that helps to break down the steps a bit more.

Bundles & Bundle Builder are other options that might be worth looking into for what you want. 

Based on what you've written that should answer your question, but if you have any more questions please let me know.

Best,

Dallas

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

thegiftkeeper
Visitor
2 0 1
Thanks Dallas, this does help.

Do you have any suggestion if we want to develop a customer experience
similar to https://shopboxfox.com
Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

To be perfectly honest it does look as if they would have created a customized customer flow by an app or something that they added to their store. In that case, there isn't a way to simply download an app and have it look like that in one go. However, you could reach out to the Shopify Experts who might be able to build this for you. 

For this, I think the Experts will be your best bet if you want it ultra customizable to what you want. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Aloha73
Visitor
2 0 3

Hi.. I downloaded the Bundles app based on this thread. We are creating a Build a Box type website and also including premade Themed Boxes which I was excited to use the Bundles app for.  

However, for the Products I am adding to the Bundle that have Variants (ie. color option) I have to chose that option when I add the Product to the Bundle.  Is there a way, with this App or even another, I can create Bundles where if the Product has a variant/option I can add the main product and have the customer choose their option?

BoxUp
Shopify Partner
38 1 15

Hey @Aloha73 

Apologies if I've misunderstood you in advance.

Our app allows you to either show each variant as a standalone option, or have a select box beneath the images so the customer can choose their colour, of whatever the variant types are. 

https://apps.shopify.com/boxup-product-builder

You can see on our demo here that the first step has the select box for the colour. On step 2, we've chosen to show each variant on it's own, so you can see two types of flowers here. Both are the same product but different variants.

If you have any questions about anything else our app offers, to make sure it fits your needs, please let me know here or at support@boxup.io.

Good luck with the store!

BoxUp
Shopify Partner
38 1 15

Hi @thegiftkeeper 

Perhaps our app can be helpful in setting up what you're after. 

You can create a step-by-step product selection process, similar to what BoxFox seem to have. 

https://apps.shopify.com/boxup-product-builder

If you need any more information or perhaps more functionality, please let us know and we'll see what we can do.

Have a great day,

Andy

tilawaticanada
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi!

Did you find a way to do this? I'd appreciate it if you let me know :).

Thanks

ajoyforever
Explorer
57 0 17

This is very similar to what I want to set up. Did you find a solution?