What is the best app for managing dropship integration on Shopify?

stevenE1
Visitor
1 0 0

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I've struggled to find the answer.

We want to launch an ecommerce store on Shopify, and have identified a number of suppliers that we want to work with, who will all work as dropshippers, and provide inventory, stock levels and pricing in a variety of formats, some via API and some as CSV or Xslx files. Each will also accept orders, but again methods vary, such as emailed CSV, uploaded CSV via portal, etc. The format of the CSV is different for each supplier. What I've been trying to find, but failing, is an app to

1) Upload new products from suppliers

2) Sync stock levels

3) Sync price changes

4) Split orders between suppliers

5) Generate supplier orders in the appropriate formats

6) Handle tracking codes for shipments.

I appreciate this may be multiple apps, which we're fine with as long as it all works together well enough. 

Initially we've been looking at custom code to pull products and inventory levels from the suppliers and upload into Shopify, which works well enough but definitely has some issues, and we think we've gone down the wrong path with that, and haven't even started on the order management side. 

Any recommendations for apps to look at, or different approaches, would be very much appreciated.

Replies 5 (5)

Not applicable

We had the same issue. We have multiple dropshipping partners and one 3PL partner.

We first looked into different apps, but our suppliers use different CSV formats and have different API integration. So we divided the problem into 2 parts. When we get new CSV files from our suppliers, we format them and upload them into a bulk edit app (we use the Hextom one).

I developed a custom app to sync inventory, split orders, send the order to our suppliers automatically, and get the tracking info back from them via API. 

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hey

We operate a product information management platform and the core of it is connecting with different platforms and collaborating data.

For example we set up suppliers for our clients to feed inventory and new product data in. For new products you can check and edit data before publishing to your Shopify store.

When orders come in we split them depending which supplier the SKU is linked to. For example if you had an order from 2 different suppliers we would split it for each supplier before forwarding the orders.

If supplier provides tracking we sync that through a separate data flow.

You can be as complex or as simple with our platform. Also depends on how suppliers provide data and if we need to develop anything custom for them.

Regards

Tom

LukaszWiktor
Shopify Partner
314 24 120

Hi @stevenE1

You can use Exporteo app to handle point 4 and 5, so split orders between suppliers and generate supplier orders in the appropriate format. I'm the developer of Exporteo, and I'm happy to help with the integration setup. I can also implement custom automations to handle the other points from your requirements list.

Best regards,
Lukasz

I'm a software engineer. I make things happen automatically.
Check out my apps Exporteo, Fulfilleo, Stockeo, and Personal Discount.

GhostApps
Shopify Partner
146 1 15

Hi, my app Simple Purchase Orders can definitely meet your shop's needs. It allows you to set up suppliers and import products and set cost prices. You can then automatically generate purchase orders from orders your customers make and it will import all of the items they order and their address and email it to your supplier. It can also handle splitting orders into multiple POs where the items have different suppliers. This should help you reduce time spent fulfilling orders and eliminate mistakes.

Please check it out and let me know if you have any questions

simon-skrod
Shopify Partner
144 12 27

Hi Mate,

Not sure if you are still looking for a solution, but I may have a solution for you.

I am developer of shopify app called Feeds Bridge and my app covers all the requirements you have listed.

• You can create multiple vendors and set up automated (or manual if prefered) catalog synchronization (inventory levels will be synchronized as well).
  • Each vendor will have it's own fulfillment service (which serves as location for each vendor items). In that case you will be able to create fulfillment requests for each vendor individually (orders will be splitted up by vendor location).
  • Send Notification emails to your vendors as well as grant access to each vendor which means that your vendors will be able to fulfill their orders by themselves on vendors portal.
Simonas Skrodenis
Developer of Feeds Bridge - Catalog Management System
Email: dev.feedsbridge@gmail.com