Facebook Shop and Instagram display only one image

aimadeart
Visitor
1 0 3

I have been using Facebook Shop and Instagram Shop for a while but, since the last changes in the app, my new products (only) sync only one image from Shopify. The rest of the images I have on Shopify store don't show at all on Facebook / Instagram. Interestingly, the products I uploaded months ago are displaying all the images. Any ideas?

Example:
https://aimade.art/products/trazas-del-destino => https://www.facebook.com/commerce/products/4546899165382668/

Replies 21 (21)

fbeckett
Tourist
5 0 2

I have exactly this issue just started since I set up Facebook and Instagram Shop.  I used to run retargeting ads that showed a great slideshow of the product imagery.  Now I've lost that impact as can only show a single static image.  Did you get to the bottom of this? I'd love to know if at some point the multi image ability would return!

alexsutama
Tourist
3 0 1

Having the same issue 😞 Has anybody figured out a solution for this?

fbeckett
Tourist
5 0 2
I’ve found no solution sadly. My DPA’s used to look cracking with slideshow
of all angles on the product. Now just static.. and performance has
dropped. Hopefully this ability will be restored at some point..do you know
of a way to raise the flag with Shopify?
Evanngallagher
Tourist
3 0 2

So I found you need to manually add all the photos to your catalog set, the only problem is some products will not save multiple images.

fbeckett
Tourist
5 0 2
When you say manually add to product set.. do you mean within Facebook? Or in Shopify?! Sorry.. thanks if you could clarify...
Evanngallagher
Tourist
3 0 2

You need to re-add all the photos within the Facebook catalog. Its still glitchy though.

fbeckett
Tourist
5 0 2
OK - I'll give it a whirl!
ComicKhan
Visitor
2 0 0

Any luck? I tried adding them back through FB's Catalog and still no luck. Having this issue on each product I am adding. I have also tried adding/removing and also deactivated/reactivated. No dice. 

Tumilu
Excursionist
28 1 41

Guys, did you have any luck? I tried manually adding photos - it doesn't work for me... The only thing that is shown on FB/IG is the main product image. 

Gary_M2
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I am also having this issue -- only ONE image is being shown in Facebook shop -- yet our shopify products have multiple editorial shots which are essential for customers to see the variety before buying.  I redid the whole thing:

1. DELETED my Facebook Sales Channel on Shopify
  2. Removed any left over data sources in Facebook for my shop
  3. Confirmed NO commerce shop nor any items showed on Facebook
  4. RE-ADDED Facebook channel in Shopify and re-synched all my items.
  5. Products in Facebook are still showing up WITH ONLY ONE IMAGE.

I thought then maybe I need to MANUALLY add my extra images in Facebook commerce itself, but when you go to edit the item in Facebook you see the warning "This item was created using a data feed, Facebook pixel or connected ecommerce platform. To avoid your edits being overridden in the future, update it using your primary data source instead."

I'm now thinking I may need to abandon Shopify -> Facebook Sales Channel and do manual uploads of items to Facebook via CSV?   But I think this may affect ad performance maaaybe?  not sure about that.

Anyway, I'd hope to now have to abandon Shopify -> Facebook Sales Channel.  Any  help would be amazing...

Gary

Evanngallagher
Tourist
3 0 2

I am having the same problem, is there a solution for this yet?

ArsalRiaz786
Visitor
1 0 0

instagram_boy on fiverr did it for me. I dunno how but all my images are displayed on both insta and fb shops.

fbeckett
Tourist
5 0 2
Ooh.. that’s interesting! I wonder how he did it. I’ve given up.
ComicKhan
Visitor
2 0 0

The only thing that worked for me was managing this through my FB Commerce Manager. 

Integrating it with Shopify only created more work because it was harder to figure out what was left behind in the transfer process thus resulting in delays.

If you go into your FB Commerce Manager > Catalog > Add/Edit Items > 

- You should be able to add up to 4 images to your FB/IG posts. 

I tried sending you a link here but it appears FB's site is down and I am unable to login to Business Manager myself so I can't lay out the instructions either, unfortunately. Try googling this later when their site is back up "how to add products to facebook catalog" - Click the link with the title "Add Products to Your Catalog | Facebook for Business"

It's manual work but if it's connected to your Shopify, the only thing you should have to do is add images. This worked for me on most items. In some cases, this workaround didn't work but that was specific to my use. Hope this works and best of luck! 

Given the nature of Shopify and these hurdles, I will be leaving Shopify and just manage my Catalog directly myself. It's way easier for me to manage and have full control. You won't get hit with random fees from feeBay, Google, FB for things that are out of sight, out of mind. 

herzigo
Tourist
10 0 1

Just wondering: Has anyone found a good solution yet to this problem? 🙂

BeeXander
Visitor
1 0 0

This helped me: I can tell you where it is, I hope you can find it:

Facebook Business Manager > Commerce Manager > Shops > Edit Shop > Settings > Inventory > All Products From Catalog

This includes products from all of your catalog’s data sources, including platform partners like Shopify. Any new products added to your catalog will automatically appear in your shop.

AestheticLiving
Visitor
1 0 0

This doesn't help as by default "All Products from Catalog" option is selected.

antonio_cabiuna
Excursionist
20 0 21

Having the same issue here. Sure we can manually upload the images but that is not practical at all and probably not the way the integration between both apps are supposed to be. Shopify should take a look at this ASAP! We are all losing sales…

Marlau
Tourist
4 0 4

Hi, did anyone figure out how to fix this issue? Even if I add product images manually via the Facebook shop, they are still being removed and only one image displays. 

2wheeltherapy
Visitor
1 0 0

Still actively looking for a solution to this problem. Has anyone had success? 

Gideon_Lupine
Shopify Partner
8 0 1

It is Nov 1, 2023, and the problem still exists.