Solved

Why am I facing errors when uploading products to Facebook from Shopify?

Olivabelkis42
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi I tried to upload my products to Facebook and I keep getting an error saying “Make sure this product is available in your online store and isn’t password protected I try to follow the steps in order to fix it but I’m not sure what the problem can be ? 

Accepted Solution (1)

Oliver
Shopify Staff (Retired)
429 48 106

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Olivabelkis42 !

I'd be happy to look into this with you. I'll provide you with the best way to check on these troubleshooting steps from Facebook and then we can see how things look from there.

First, lets make sure the product is available for your online store. To view or change a product's availability settings:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Products > All products.

2. Find a product that you've linked to Facebook and click the product's name to open its details. The product is available to the sales channels listed in the Product status section on the right hand side.

3. Set the product status as active.

4. Click Manage.

5. Select the channels and apps to make the product available to. In this case, Facebook.

6. Click Done.

7. Click Save.

Next, we'll want to check to ensure your Online Store has the password page disabled. Keep in mind, you can only remove password protection from your store after you pick a pricing plan. If you pick a plan while you are on a free trial, then you won't be charged any subscription fees until your free trial expires. Here are the steps to disable the page:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Preferences.

2. Go to the Password protection area.

3. Uncheck Enable password.

4. Click Save.

Hope this helps point you in the right direction! If you're still having some trouble after checking on these, let me know and we can take a closer look into the error together.

Warm regards!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

Oliver
Shopify Staff (Retired)
429 48 106

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Olivabelkis42 !

I'd be happy to look into this with you. I'll provide you with the best way to check on these troubleshooting steps from Facebook and then we can see how things look from there.

First, lets make sure the product is available for your online store. To view or change a product's availability settings:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Products > All products.

2. Find a product that you've linked to Facebook and click the product's name to open its details. The product is available to the sales channels listed in the Product status section on the right hand side.

3. Set the product status as active.

4. Click Manage.

5. Select the channels and apps to make the product available to. In this case, Facebook.

6. Click Done.

7. Click Save.

Next, we'll want to check to ensure your Online Store has the password page disabled. Keep in mind, you can only remove password protection from your store after you pick a pricing plan. If you pick a plan while you are on a free trial, then you won't be charged any subscription fees until your free trial expires. Here are the steps to disable the page:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Preferences.

2. Go to the Password protection area.

3. Uncheck Enable password.

4. Click Save.

Hope this helps point you in the right direction! If you're still having some trouble after checking on these, let me know and we can take a closer look into the error together.

Warm regards!

Olivabelkis42
Tourist
4 0 1
Hi Oliver
Thank you so much for your help !!
So if I unable password protection my products can be uploaded on Facebook?
Because that times that I try to upload my products on Facebook is while I have password protection
Oliver
Shopify Staff (Retired)
429 48 106

Hi, @Olivabelkis42 !

That's exactly right. Facebook requires the password page for the website to be disabled. Let me know if you need any help or have any further questions!

Warm regards!

SweetStreetScen
Tourist
7 0 1

I am having trouble and need someone to assist me 😧

Oliver
Shopify Staff (Retired)
429 48 106

Hi, @SweetStreetScen !

Thanks for reaching out. Are you having trouble with connecting your Facebook account specifically or is this in regards to something else? Are you seeing any specific error messaging?

Hope to hear from you soon!

nordnordberg
Tourist
10 0 4

Hallo liebes Shopify Team, Hallo @Gabe 

ich möchte unseren store www.nordnordberg.de mit Facebook verbinden. Die Verbindung zu Instagram hat geklappt. Bei FB jedoch bekomme ich eine Fehlermeldung mit dem Hinweis das Shopify Team zu kontaktieren:

Bei der Einrichtung von Facebook Shops ist ein Problem aufgetreten.

Es gibt ein technisches Problem, das die Einrichtung dieser Funktion behindert. Wende dich an Shopify, um dieses Problem zu lösen.

unquote

Screenshot:

nordnordberg_0-1618600207657.png

Leider sind da nicht mehr Informationen benannt.

Könnt ihr helfen?

Viele Grüße, Kai von nordnordberg

abbylane28
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

I did both of those steps and it still doesn't seem to be working. What do I do?