How can customers upload images and files before checkout?

PacMoldBW
Tourist
8 0 7

Hello, we are building a B2B site that requires our customers to send coinciding files for each of their orders. For example, print service websites have customers upload logos and images. We would have customers upload construction plan files once they have selected and paid for our service.

Does anyone have experience with an app or custom code framework to make this happen? Ideally, we would like this uploaded before checking out so we are not having to add any extra steps.

Thanks, Blake

Replies 3 (3)

EasifyApps-Zoe
Shopify Partner
582 14 42

Hi @PacMoldBW,

I recommend modifying the process to enable customers to upload their construction plan files prior to placing their orders.

If you're open to this adjustment, I suggest installing the Easify Product Options app. It allows you to create a file upload option into your product page, empowering customers to submit their necessary files before adding the product to their cart 🤗

EasifyAppsZoe_0-1697683685660.png

EASIFY - MAKING SHOPIFY SIMPLE & SWEET!
Easify Product Options: Create custom product options 10X faster & easier!
Easify Product Attachments: Effortlessly add downloadable PDF files (or any other format) to Shopify pages!
Try for Free | 24/7 Live Chat Support

josiah_helium
Shopify Partner
57 7 13

Hey Blake,

I've used the Infinite Options app (click here for the app listing). I've used it for setting up custom options and uploads for merchants doing custom label printing, and custom messaging for gift boxes. I'm not affiliated with the app, but I found it worked really well and was easy to setup. 

I hope this helps! 

Josiah, Solutions Engineer, Helium
- Customer Fields ✪✪✪✪✪ (319 reviews)
- Meteor Mega Menu ✪✪✪✪✪ (239 reviews)

JaviExpress
Shopify Partner
162 16 26

I think you could try searching for "order forms" or "checkout forms" apps

I found https://apps.shopify.com/formify-custom-checkout-forms

I think it's a good one because they seem to save the info in order metafields. But it doesn't look like they support file-upload fields. Better ask them directly

Customer Accounts Concierge
Turn the account page into a beautiful and multifunctional customer portal. Integrate contents, tools, and CRM features from other apps to drive a longer, richer and more personalized customer experience: Profile, Order History, Loyalty, Wishlist, Social Login, Customer Forms.