How can I integrate Starship into my online store?

Aymaan
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi folks

There's no option to select Starship under manage integration in Shopify. There's FedEx and UPS. Can you please help? 

Frustrated enough trying to find a "chat now" button in your website to solve this immediately via your 24/7 support which clearly doesn't exist

Replies 6 (6)

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 303

Hey, @Aymaan.

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

Thanks for reaching out to our network with your question.

For future reference, you can find 24/7 support through this link or find commonly answered questions in our Help Docs.

At this time we offer direct integrations with the following carriers through Shopify Shipping:

08-02-1fu9w-facgp

For all other carriers, you can search our App Store for direct integrations.

I went ahead and did some extra research for you, and I found a specific Starshipit Shipping & Tracking app developed and managed by Starshipit. 

Let me know if that app integration is what you needed, or if you have other questions.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

hockey2112
Shopify Partner
12 1 1

Did you find a solution for this?

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 303

Thanks for commenting on our thread, @hockey2112!

Are you also looking for an app to integrate Starship into your store? If so, have you tried the app I recommended above?

Please let me know if you have further questions around this, and I would be glad to support.

Warm regards,

hockey2112
Shopify Partner
12 1 1

It appears that app is specifically for an Australian shipping provider called "Starshipit", which is different from Starship.

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 303

Thank you so much for clarifying that, @hockey2112.

While there are currently no other alternatives to integrate Starship into your Shopify account, in our app store or as a third-party solution that I found, I would like to recommend potentially working with a Shopify Expert to build a custom app for your needs or future readers of this thread. 

I trust that provides some guidance going forward to integrate the two as per your needs. If there are other questions I can help answer, please let me know.

Warm regards,

pbeaty
Visitor
1 0 0

StarShip has a superior UI/UX to Shopify's shipping UI/UX, especially when shipping many multiple packages. The frustration with Shopify's UI/UX is compounded when the packages have different dimensions and weights.

StarShip uses a table approach, which allows the user to QA their work before buying shipment for the entire order.

StarShip also creates shipping labels with a 1 of n approach, which is the expected experience by the package(s) recipient.