How can I remove lingering Biobiogo announcement text from my site?

Aug1987
Tourist
7 0 1

I tried a free trial of Biobiogo and set up an announcement text on our site but I didn't like how the app performed so I deleted it. The problem is that the Biobiogo announcement text did not delete, and it's overriding the regular announcement text that I've entered into our Theme section (we use Testament). Does anyone know how to remove the Biobiogo announcement text? I'm not a tech person so simple instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Replies 8 (8)

webwondersco
Shopify Partner
1045 158 156

@Aug1987, please follow the below steps to edit your theme code.

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
  2. Click ... > Edit code.

after editing your code, use the theme search bar and search for the Biobiogo file. once you found the file just remove it.

also, check the theme.liquid file, if you file any code or file included in the app then just remove it .

Web Wonders | Shopify Partner | Connect here!
- Question answered? Mark as Accepted Solution, reply helpful? Click Like
- Hire me, if you want to design, re-design, develop a store, or make changes to the pre-built store.
a small Coffee Tip would be greatly appreciated. 🙂
Aug1987
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi there and thanks for your suggestions. I did both of these and can't find any trace of biobiogo in the edit code or liquid sections. Is there another way to delete the widget? Could it be called something else?

webwondersco
Shopify Partner
1045 158 156

@ Aug1987, please share your store URL. I can check where biobiogo codes are available on the frontend side. so based on that, I can give you more ideas.

- Hire me, if you want to design, re-design, develop a store, or make changes to the pre-built store.
Aug1987
Tourist
7 0 1

Hey thanks! It's https://fashionincubator.com/

webwondersco
Shopify Partner
1045 158 156

@Aug1987 , The code for the biobiogo is still available on your website. here is the screenshot:

webwondersco_0-1687199543068.png

Did you check the theme.liquid file? Have you found anything related to it?

Aug1987
Tourist
7 0 1

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for us! The screenshot is very small however, can you please copy and paste the URL here so that I can read it better?  I did go through liquids and did a search for biobiogo but nothing came up.

webwondersco
Shopify Partner
1045 158 156

I have found this in the source code of your website. 

I think I have to check your theme code to help you. is it possible to get your theme code?

Aug1987
Tourist
7 0 1

Thanks so much again for your help. I did this but "biobiogo" doesn't appear in any searches. I also went through each folder in the "edit code" section and can't find anything. I'm going to keep searching though.